ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-ChatAdd basic Cost functionality

Add basic Cost functionality
dfbowles

Posted: Nov 02, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I just had this come up. I have a project, in this context a task with sub tasks, I would like to not only add sub task details, but add estimated cost to complete it and have it show up in a sub task column after being saved and be totaled up at the Task level. For Example Total Cost and Remaining Cost (This is the cost remaining after some of the other Sub tasks have been completed). Not trying to make this into a robust Project planing tool, because I love it's simplicity, Simply trying to perhaps make small projects cost estimable in a a very basic form. Please? :)
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Nov 03, 2015
Hello dfbowles,

Why not use a List with this calculations and attached it to the task?

That way you have calculations already and can reuse this list.
dfbowles

Posted: Nov 03, 2015
That would be fine for like a Grocery list kind of thing. But the idea is total cost and cost remaining along with progress through the actions items to completion. For Example if we have a project with Action Items like:
* Buy Something
* Do Something
* Buy Something
* Do Something
* Purchase Service
* Do Something

This could be over say 6 Months from a time perspective as well as from a cost perspective. It would be great to see how far through the project we have progressed as far as action items completed and how much money we need to complete the remaining tasks. Because I don't know about you, but if I have a project to say take a race car from 14 seconds to 13 seconds in 1/4 mile during the off season, I will have both action items of just things I need to do and items I need to buy to support what I need to do, I mean I really can't separate cost from action because believe me they go together and so it would be great to see them together.

A Hybrid would be to use the Lists and have Total and Remaining in them, then when they are attached to Tasks or Sub Tasks items all of the lists are then totaled and shown at the Task level showing a tally of the Total and Remaining balances of all the lists attached. Then I could see the data I wanted and have something to go to the store with at the same time.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.