ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-ChatLinks in Notes

Links in Notes
Billy Young

Posted: Jan 18, 2016
Score: 2 Reference
It would be nice if links in the task notes would open in a new tab by default. It is inconvenient to lose my place in toodledo when I click on a link in the notes. I understand that I can right-click on the link and force it to open in a new tab/window, but it would be nice if that was the default for hyperlinks in toodledo.

Toodledo is great. Thanks.
martingchapman

Posted: Mar 28, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Billy Young:
It would be nice if links in the task notes would open in a new tab by default. It is inconvenient to lose my place in toodledo when I click on a link in the notes. I understand that I can right-click on the link and force it to open in a new tab/window, but it would be nice if that was the default for hyperlinks in toodledo.

Toodledo is great. Thanks.

+1 from me.
CharleneTX

Posted: Mar 30, 2016
SInce some sites open a new tab and some don't, I've gotten in the habit of always using CTRL-click to open all links in a new tab. I find it slightly easier and quicker than using the right click.
Salgud

Posted: Mar 31, 2016
Or, is you have a mouse with more than the customary 2 buttons, you can program one of the buttons to open links in a new page.
Adrien Beau

Posted: Apr 01, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
Actually, most if not all mice have can perform a click with the scroll wheel (also known as "middle click"), and this opens links in new tabs / pages (default behavior of most browsers).
CharleneTX

Posted: Apr 05, 2016
Posted by Adrien Beau:
Actually, most if not all mice have can perform a click with the scroll wheel (also known as "middle click"), and this opens links in new tabs / pages (default behavior of most browsers).

Great! I just tested it and it works like a charm.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.