ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-ChatBeing a CEO of a PPMS

Being a CEO of a PPMS
johnprince2112

Posted: Oct 09, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Below is a link to an article I found quite interesting I thought i would share. It's from the CEO of Fetchnotes, a young kid (to me) who acquired a Personal Productivity Management Sytem (PPMS*) product, built a company around it, only to close their doors a few years in to it. I appereciate the those who share their lessons learned through their failure as it can be as valuable as those from success stories.

I have my own thoughts on were I would have handled it differently, but this is hindsight and nothing proven, but it's interesting to think through it, however.

It seems if a company tries to cater their product to too wide of an audience' breadth it' counter-productive. As an example, if Jake spent two quarters focused on Apple Watch enhancements (this is only an example), and 30% of his user-base has Apple Watch...then 70% of the users get shafted. . Or, if you are too granular with your target base , and miscalculate those numbers and/or their behavior, that is going to have a negative impact. I don't own any "App companies" but have worked in this from small startups to large, government-sized enterprise products my entire career (20+ years) so have seen quite a bit.

https://medium.com/@alexschiff/lessons-from-the-front-lines-building-fetchnotes-d36d2cca6fff#.sf8lkp 1az

This message was edited Oct 09, 2016.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.