ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-ChatTooDo and Android

TooDo and Android
Édouard Mercier

Posted: May 23, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
Dear Toodledo user.

Just to let you know that we have been developing an application named TooDo, which runs on the Open Handset Alliance Android mobile OS (Google is a major member).

TooDo is a mobile rich to-dos manager application, and it is synchronized with the Toodledo services. It proposes an extra reminder experience at the palm of your hand. At the moment, there are some limitations (the conflicts are not resolved, you do not have the concept of context, nor project, nor goal), but we are thinking of providing those features.

- You can freely test and use TooDo, by downloading it
- You can watch some video demonstration here
here

Your feedback is more than welcome :) Thank you for your attention.
Regards,
Edouard
matt

Posted: Jun 03, 2008
Score: -1 Reference
Looks great... Just need some available Android phones now
Édouard Mercier

Posted: Oct 21, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
TooDo v2.0 is out, and is compatible with the T-Mobile G1. If you want to give it a try...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 21, 2008
I posted a link to this in our connections page so more people will be able to find it.
n.muenzner

Posted: Jun 23, 2009
Score: 2 Reference
TooDo does not really work with cupkake which is the new version of Android OS since 4 Month!

Will there be the official iPhone app also for android or don't you want this users?

Thanx
Canyon Russell

Posted: Jul 10, 2009
I am also concerned that TooDo doesn't run correctly on the latest Android version 1.5 and hasn't been updated since March. I would like to know if anyone is working on an Official Toodledo app for Android?

Thanks
alain.tuor

Posted: Jul 18, 2009
I asked the same question but it seems for now that Toodledo is commited to Apple's iPhone, I tried the online 'slim' version which seems to work, but no offline version yet, I hope they one day will do one, or maybe, make slim version offline with Google Gears ;-)
Hourback

Posted: Aug 12, 2009
I just discovered both Toodledo and my new MyTouch and would *love* an Android app. There are RTM alternatives. :-) Which is where all of my tasks were managed until two days ago, when I bought a pro account on Toodledo. Don't tell me I jumped ship too soon! ;-)
marksnewsletters

Posted: Aug 15, 2009
HTC Hero (android phone) has been launched in Europe. I've had one for 7 days and it rocks. It multi tasks apps and has 7 simultaneous desktops that you can scan through to hold widgets and apps.

It syncs with Google Mail, Labels and Google Calendar, Google Voice, Google Talk.

TooDo appears to work on HTC Hero synching with Toodledo. However, a task on my HTC in Toodo is not removed when I delete it in toodledo. ALl others are fine.

One thing is that tasks that are in "No Folder" in Toodledo do not appear in Toodo until they are added to a folder in Toodldo.

Although I am starting to look at another android app called Astrid - I like that it has a simpler interface and can time work on a task and keeps a record fo that - that is excellent.

If Astrid worked with Toodledo, I think that would be good.

I'd recommend Toodledo get a hold of a HTC and the new cupcake version of Android.
Jonathan

Posted: Aug 26, 2009
I have the HTC Hero myself, great little device.
I use Toodle Droid instead of TooDO.

Toodle Droid is perfect except three points : contexts, subtasks and the program icon :)

I would have loved to use TooDo, but it seems that everything could be a bug cause.

This message was edited Aug 26, 2009.
Jonathan

Posted: Oct 12, 2009
Well it seems that Toodle Droid has some concerns too : truncated updates and tasks :s
That with the lack of context and subtasks has made me go back on the web interface.
Can't wait for a proper dedicated app or a better Toodle Droid.
educatedwarrior

Posted: Nov 08, 2009
I can't get TooDo to sync with Toodledo - any instructions.

Also, I disabled Geo-notification and Toodo still turns on my GPS - I'm using version 2.4.3
Vin Thomas

Posted: Nov 09, 2009
I just bought an Android (HTC Hero) phone for my wife. She is also a Toodledo user. We have been messing around with the Toodle Droid app. It's just ok. I would love to see a official app from Toodledo.
azhummer

2nd that!! getting the droid and not looking forward to anything but an official toodle-do app for android. the world will run on android soon. Please please! Thanks!!
adam

Ordered My Droid tonight... I Need Toodledo already! :) This is got to be the best task app ever! Thanks Guys
Peter Wyro

Posted: Nov 11, 2009
I've been a loyal t-mobile supporter (or victim, depending on your perspective) for a decade and now, finally, they are rolling out 3G everywhere and I love the new MyTouch Android 3G Phone. I've used just about every other productivity app and despite every effort to leave - I just can't leave Toodledo - even if the UI needs an upgrade. Anyways - any hope for a real android app?
Rick Austin

Posted: Nov 17, 2009
I'm also very interested in a native Android app. Just picked up a Droid and man, that thing totally rocks!

I do find the "normal" web interface for Toodledo to be very usable on the Droid. Not perfect but with the ability to zoom in and out it has worked pretty well for me.
buesingde

Posted: Nov 21, 2009
What a pity that there's obviously no intend from Toodledo themselves...264 days of my premium account days left. iPhone finally sold (thanx god!) but obviously there will be no application for android from Toodledo. <sigh>

This message was edited Nov 21, 2009.
Qrystal

Posted: Nov 26, 2009
So I got myself an htc Hero yesterday, and am just figuring out how to set it up now. Toodledo, of course, is very high on my priority list.

It looks like there are ways to get web links working as widgets, so they would (I think) show the contents right from one of the home screens. I'm just investigating options now, and will report back once I've determined whether any of them are good options.

Just had to check here fist to see if anyone else had any successes with it! :)
Vin Thomas

Posted: Nov 26, 2009
I have the Hero as well. I find the best option for now is the Slim site.

http://toodledo.com/slim
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.