ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-ChatAwesome Note: If good looks were the key to productivity ...

Awesome Note: If good looks were the key to productivity ...
Claudio

Posted: Sep 29, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
There's a new version of an iPhone app called Awesome Note, which, I think, is the best looking note/task app available, but I doubt that I will be using it.

Here's the link: http://bridworks.com/index.php (Also, there's a free "lite" version in the App Store.)

It syncs notes with Google docs but it doesn't sync Task/Todo data with any website or desktop software.

But, talk about STYLE!!
mattsez

Posted: Sep 29, 2009
I downloaded the lite version, and so far, I have to say it's a really well made app with some very useful features. I would have to agree that it has a whole lot of style, especially for a productivity tool on the iPhone. Too many other applications like this are incredibly bland, this really makes you want to use it on a regular basis. I do think the name of the application is a little silly, though.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't use this, because it doesn't sync with Toodledo. I don't think it would be too hard to get it to sync with Toodledo's notebook functionality (though, I think it would take some work to reconcile the task functionality with Toodledo). On top of that, I'm starting to enter my notes via tasks with a status of "Reference", in order to better organize them through the tag functionality. Given that, the application would have to go through a lot of modifications to suit my own purposes.

That's for the find!
Proximo

Posted: Oct 01, 2009
This is a great point.

Style matters.

As consumers, we expect a product or service to work. What we want is something we enjoy using.

Toodledo is very functional with some areas of improvement but this is true for any software or service.

Style is what I really want. I want something that is not only functional, but enjoyable to use.

:-)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.