ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-ChatAppigo vs RTM - Spat Mean ToDo Doesn't Sync with RTM Now

Appigo vs RTM - Spat Mean ToDo Doesn't Sync with RTM Now
Alan

Posted: May 14, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Today, Remember the Milk cut Appigo's Todo application off from access to the RTM API, making it impossible to sync Todo with RTM. Todo later released a new version officially removing support for RTM synching from both it's iPhone and iPad applications.

RTM claims Appigo is violating RTM's license over the API. The victims in this fight are of course ToDo's users who are now going to be pissed-off with RTM.

Seems like there could be a new opportunity here for Toodledo to make it clear that it syncs with Todo...

This message was edited May 14, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted: May 14, 2010
Yes, and in fact Toodledo is already helping out:
http://www.appigo.com/todo/rtm-status

And BTW there is another thread in the forums about this here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/5979/-1/todo-and-toodledo-is-offering-a-pro-account-for-free.html#n ewest

The guys are RTM must be mad!
Transisto

Posted: May 16, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
lol,

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/10341/

it's time to make the UI look friendly.

More natural date parsing would help any RTM movers.
PeterW 

Posted: May 16, 2010

Amusing.

I posted a message in that thread at RTM with a link to Appigo's statement on the issue, which obviously conflicts with what RTM is saying.

They deleted it!
Transisto

Posted: May 17, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
I don't know how their forum work but title say there is 64 replies but the thread only show 15 or so, and Last post supposedly from 3 day ago but ,, ? maybe that's 50 banned post, Do you see that post I made with the cat pic, ? (pkoi)

Anyway, that's weird business over-there.
Alan

They are notorious for simply deleting posts and threads that vary from the "official RTM think-speak". I could never again give one cent to that company.

I consider RTM to be a classic text-book case of how to take the world by storm with an idea and then slowly kill it off through stupid decisions and extremely poor customer relations.

Edit: Just read the post over at Apigo's site, and was VERY surprised to read than only about 1% of their users were also RTM users. I'm getting the feeling that RTM is shrinking fast.

This message was edited May 17, 2010.
PeterW 

I opened a free account with RTM and must say that I was extremely underwhelmed.

And I agree - the tone of the posts from RTM in their own forums is not exactly professional.
David

Posted: Jun 17, 2010
One of the things that annoys me about RTM is how they keep their customers in the dark about everything. They take forever to come out with iphone updates, still no iPad version after 3 months and it makes me wonder why people still continue to pay them 25 dollars a year for mobile access? My guess is because they have a more elegant looking UI than toodledo and I do think this makes a huge difference for productively. I read from this tech productivity site called Lifehacker and they really don't need promote RTM (and how it's worth the cost) all the time. They must have some kind of personal involvement with RTM because I've never seen even them mention toodle do once for posts about Todo websites or iPhone apps.
dbrdhuk

Posted: Jul 26, 2010
So before I spend on ToDo with Toodledo connectivity - how do I know the same thing won't happen here? How can I be sure that any app developer has permission to access the API of another service that is key to the app functionality? How do I know Toodledo won't get peed off with ToDo and cut them off too?
SRhyse

Posted: Jul 26, 2010
Posted by dbrdhuk:
How do I know Toodledo won't get peed off with ToDo and cut them off too?

Business and context I suppose.

Considering they recently negotiated this, it seems unlikely-
http://www.appigo.com/todo/rtm-status

Toodledo also only makes $3 a purchase off their iPhone app, their main money coming from the Pro and Pro Plus yearly subscriptions (all the more reason to give out free samples of the subscriptions to avid users to get them to stay with them). All iPhone clients syncing with Toodledo give a better desktop partnered experience with their Pro accounts, which only gives Toodledo incentive to be open about their API. If all the iPhone todo apps sync with Toodledo and it's Pro accounts, Toodledo still comes out better than if absolutely no one bought Jake's own native iPhone app. It's priced low enough that alot of people tend to buy it in addition to the others just to test it out, once they've been turned on to Toodledo through any of the services that sync with it.

Toodledo's always been generally nice and friendly as well, whereas Remember the Milk's been dicking their users from the beginning.

This message was edited Jul 26, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.