ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-Chatnotebook vs. reference

notebook vs. reference
lionel_silva

Posted: Jul 09, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
I have been looking at the Notebook feature vs. reference status. I do not use an iPhone or toodledo on any other mobile device, only web and windows.

For me reference status seems more useful than notebook. It is better integrated into toodledo: I have a folder for all reference items. Tags and other attributes can be used. I use goals to structure the reference material. Checked and unchecked can be used for current and outdated info. I can refer to it without going to the notebook, which is not integrated with ToDos in the GUI. Etc.

I must be missing something. What advantages does Notebook have over reference status?
SRhyse

No, I don't think you're missing anything.

The only real 'advantage' of the Notebook over a task with a status of 'Reference' is that it exists in a completely separate space from your task lists. It won't ever, in any way shape or form, appear on any task list, ever, within the current build of Toodledo.
PeterW 

The only other issue I can think of is that Reference tasks are included in your total task count, something that I didn't want.
Salgud

Posted: Jul 28, 2010
I noticed this feature in TD when I first perused it. Seems like an ok idea, if you don't have a full featured notetaking app. I've used EN for years, so I can't think of any use for the TD notes, but I'm sure others use them to advantage.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.