ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-ChatOffline access via Google Gears ?

Offline access via Google Gears ?
Grant_1410298063

Posted: Apr 28, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I just wanted to add my voice of support for offline access mode.

I'm sitting behind a laggy satellite internet connection, and I find that Toodledo quite often freezes up my Firefox while updating. I would REALLY like to be able to:
1. go offline
2. make a batch of todo updates
3. go online, and let it sync

Thanks for a great product.
Grant
Stan_B

Posted: Apr 30, 2009
First, I'd like to second all the requests for off-line access.

Second, a word of warning.
Please make sure it is not needed to explicitly go on "off-line mode" while on-line in order to synchronize the data. Like Gmail does.

RTM works either on "on-line" or "off-line" modes, and this is a serious limitation if one forgets to synch. the data before going off-line. Very frustrating to be in a plane, try to access RTM on-line and get an error message.

just my 2 cents.
pcasebow

Posted: May 06, 2009
just converted to Toodledo and love it. The iPhone app does give me good offline support, but I came here because I was hoping to find a Google Gears solution. The iPhone is great but I found myself working without an internet connection yesterday and wanting to enter a lot of tasks in different folders and it took far longer on the iPhone than it would if I'd had an offline version.

So another vote for continuing the work on this. It will make a big difference.

In the meantime thanks for a great product.

Peter
javierplumey

Posted: Jun 03, 2009
Another vote for Google Gears or HTML 5 offline support.
vlirbo

Posted: Jun 04, 2009
Yes, it would be very useful to be able to have access to Toodledo off line via Google Gears.

Antonio
Claudio

Posted: Jun 12, 2009
Might as well bump this thread, given what happened recently.
lancrey

Posted: Jun 17, 2009
Offline mode would be a killer. When I travel, being able to access my tasks on a netbook during flights is a must.
pydron

Posted: Jul 14, 2009
I just want to add myself to the list of people interested in an offline mode. I have currently become smitten by this product and I look forward to future updates. Keep up the fantastic work!
robert.griffin1

Posted: Aug 11, 2009
OK, so I know you don't really need another vote for this or anything, but a beta test announcement would do wonders for helping us know that this is in the works....
alejandroesp

Posted: Aug 21, 2009
por favor, una version off line seria un grandioso avance. Me uno a la petición, si necesitan ayuda para crear una version en español, también me ofrezco.

Please, an off line version will be huge step in the development of this already awesome app. If you need any colab for the traslation of toodeldo to spanish, i can help too..

Alejandro Domínguez
gpzbc

Posted: Aug 24, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
another vote for Google Gears!
Thank you.
Colin

Posted: Oct 12, 2009
I find that sometimes I need to turn off my internet connection in order to really buckle down and get a lot done. However, this cuts me off from Toodledo. It would be great if there were either a standalone application or some type of offline functionality on the site. Thanks for considering this!
mike

Posted: Nov 10, 2009
Google Gears please! This really would become a killer app then...

This message was edited Nov 10, 2009.
pwwroa

Posted: Dec 10, 2009
I would like to add my vote for offline access with google gears.
Vin Thomas

Posted: Dec 10, 2009
Adding Gears support now would seem strange since Google announced they are not going to continue developing it. HTML5 seems to be the way of the future...
mark

Posted: Dec 11, 2009
Yes, I agree with Vin.
Google will not be developing Gears anymore and have made it clear that HTML5 is the future as far as they're concerned.
In hindsight a good decision by Toodledo not to go with Gears, intentional or not.
Kali

Posted: Jan 11, 2010
love toodledo--hate being on the airplane and not being able to review and organize my to do list...another customer asking for offline access ! ;0
gpzbc

Posted: Feb 07, 2010
I agree that going with Google Gears at this point would be foolish, but it also seems like such a shame to wait until HTML 5 is stable and fully accepted. That might be a while still.
PeterW 

Posted: Feb 07, 2010
Posted by Kali:
love toodledo--hate being on the airplane and not being able to review and organize my to do list...another customer asking for offline access ! ;0

That's one of the places I use my iPhone for - on the plane. It beats getting the laptop out, especially if you fly coach and the passenger in front decides to recline suddenly.
Warren

Posted: Feb 11, 2010
1. Install iPhone emulator
2. buy toodledo iPhone app
3. run toodledo offline
4. sync as you please.

:-)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.