ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-ChatOffline access via Google Gears ?

Offline access via Google Gears ?
Iain's ToDo

Posted: Nov 29, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I'm a very heavy Google , Google-Apps, Gmail, Google-Documents, Google-Gears user... :)

(And... Yes, that new fanged phone... Hmmmm. G1 :) is lookin' awfly nice to me as a Christmas present to myself.)

I was wondering if there's any development time going into Google Gears option. Seeing if Toodledo could tie-into Google Gears for a fully 'off-Internet' (for the few times that I can't find FREE WiFi w/laptop!) experience, but still contain the wonderful existing HTTP/HTML experience.

Or... even.. :) be acquired by Skynet... errr. I mean Google . For a truly Google integrated experience. :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 01, 2008
Score: 2 Reference
Yes, we are continuing to experiment with Google Gears.
Gummi

Posted: Dec 02, 2008
Some kind of offline way to enter data would help a bunch. Sometimes when I visit partner companies I can't hook up to the internet and have to edit Toodledo later.
ken

Posted: Dec 26, 2008
Score: 2 Reference
Just another vote for offline access via Google Gears. I've been using Remember the Milk instead because I need access to my PIM while on planes and in remote locations. However I continue to believe the Toodledo interface is superior (particularly the outlining / subtask capability).
Silverplating

Posted: Jan 10, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
yes, offline access would be greatly appreciated!!
Canyon Russell

Posted: Jan 14, 2009
Let me make sure to mention that the Slim version should also support Gears. The Android platform has gears support and that would quickly make an offline Android client a reality.
Antonio Cavani

Posted: Jan 14, 2009
Awesome! Another vote for Google Gears integration. Too many times we don't have an available internet connection.
michel.diaz

Posted: Feb 17, 2009
I'm from Paris, France
I am found of Toodledoo (Pro suscription)
I'm waiting for an access off line (Google chrome and gears user).
Any answer ?
kr
Michel
Vin Thomas

Posted: Feb 19, 2009
This will be great when it comes. Love it either way!
n.muenzner

Posted: Feb 22, 2009
Are there any news about Google Gears?

Using RTM with the G1 and I am trying to switch to Toodledo but without Offline-function like with Gears in RTM it is not really useful when there is no connection (subway ...)
Sven Hahn

Posted: Mar 23, 2009
I would appreciate the availability of a Google Gears syncronization very much! Please, please do it!
tfadams

Posted: Mar 26, 2009
Yet another vote for access through Google Gears
slamp

Posted: Mar 27, 2009
+1
Peter Scott

Posted: Mar 29, 2009
I have a repeating Toodledo task to check here once a month on the status of Gears integration :-)
Tim Glinatsis

Posted: Apr 09, 2009
I'm also checking in every few weeks for Gears...
Curt

Posted: Apr 17, 2009
Signed up for a Pro account over a year ago with Toodledo instead of RTM because of the promise that offline access was "in the works". Getting tired of waiting. Please make this PRIORITY #1!
Alan

Posted: Apr 19, 2009
Posted by Curt:
Signed up for a Pro account over a year ago with Toodledo instead of RTM because of the promise that offline access was "in the works". Getting tired of waiting. Please make this PRIORITY #1!
Ha. Take a wander through the RTM forums and you'll find that they have done NOTHING in the time that you've been here at Toodledo to upgrade any aspect of their product, and frequent requests from users over their are now being met with hostility, when they are not being completely ignored. I'm not suggesting you don't have a gripe that offline access is not yet here on Toodledo; merely pointing out that while here at Toodledo things have been moving forward, RTM is doing nothing except pissing people off and losing customers.
Vin Thomas

Posted: Apr 19, 2009
I agree. There has been tons of progress here in the few months since I have been a member. I left RTM due to their lack of ANY correspondence with their users. And boy am I glad I did. This is a wonderful service.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see gears or other offline technologies implemented. But although gears may be "PRIORITY #!" for some users, there is no way that anyone can complain that you aren't actively listening to the community. Thanks for all your hard work and a great product!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 20, 2009
We have full offline support via the iPhone, and we have read-only offline support with our iCal subscriptions which you can import into a variety of offline calendar apps (Google Calendar, Apple iCal, Outlook, etc).

True offline support on our website in the browser is definitely still on our to-do list, but it is a huge project for us. We know that RTM has had it for awhile, and we give them kudos for that. We designed Toodledo before offline support existed, and some design decisions we made back then are making it hard for us to retrofit offline support in now.
Alan

Posted: Apr 20, 2009
You can also use "Dial2do" ( http://www.dial2do.com ) and have Dial2do read you your current Toodledo todos by telephone. (Dial2do is currently a free service which supports Toodledo to add and fetch todos)

This message was edited Apr 20, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.