Legend

Forum

Unread topics or posts

Topic

Unread posts

Locked

Announcement

Forums > Developers

Outlook Sync failing



AuthorMessage
shannon_lapekas

Posted: Jan 05, 2009
Score: 0



I am getting an error message:

SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization: The operation failed.
at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ItemsClass.get_Count()
at OutlookClientLib.OutlookProxy.GetActiveTaskCategories()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.synchAndRetrieveToodledoFolders()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.performFullSynch()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.synchronizeTasks()
at SyncApp.frmMain.backgroundWorker1_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
DateTime=2009-01-05T19:23:40.7703909Z
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization: The operation failed.
at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ItemsClass.get_Count()
at OutlookClientLib.OutlookProxy.GetActiveTaskCategories()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.synchAndRetrieveToodledoFolders()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.performIncrementalSynch()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.synchronizeTasks()
at SyncApp.frmMain.performSync()
DateTime=2009-01-05T19:28:54.1922659Z

It was working earlier and just started failing in the last few days. No changes were made to the setup. I think the issue may be with the Outlook addin but even after reinstalling the software it was still failing to install the addin. How can I install the addin manually?

Thanks,
Shannon
keef

Posted: Jan 05, 2009
Score: 0



which add-in do you mean?
Also, are you running any personal firewall or security software that might be affecting the applications ability to communicate with Outlook?
keef
gushardt

Posted: Feb 02, 2009
Score: 0



I was having the same issue but just got it resolved. I am using XP Pro with OL on an Exchange server. Hopefully this will work for other folks too.
After a few tests I noticed that Toodledo and my iPhone were synching just fine.
The Toodledo Outlook Sync Application Version 0.9.9.2 however was spitting out the exact same error as per shannon_lapekas posting above.
I reinstalled the Avanced Security for Outlook add-in and still had no success.

I decided that perhaps I had too many tasks (372 total) and that I would move the 2008 completed tasks (191) to another folder.

WHAT RESOLVED FOR ME: Moved all my 2008 completed tasks (191) to the "Tasks in Archive Folders" in Outlook and was able to successfuly sync Outlook and Toodledo again.

STEPS:
1. Ensure you can see the "Tasks" and "Tasks in Archive Folders" in the left pane under "My Tasks" in Outlook. If you don't see it there create a folder to archive your completed tasks.
2. In Outlook Tasks folder select "Completed Tasks" View under "Current View"
3. Select the tasks you will move and drag and drop to this folder you will keep the archive.
4. Run the Manual Sync in the Toodledo Sync Application and good luck!

Of course this "solution" has apparently deleted from Toodledo the completed tasks I moved to the archive in Outlook; that does not impact my processes/workflow, so I am cool with it.

If anyone finds a 'definitive' solution I am interested in learning about it.

Gus


This message was edited Feb 02, 2009.
gregor.egloff

Posted: Feb 18, 2009
Score: 0



I had the same issue as shannon_lapekas and gushardt, and more than 300 completed and forgotten tasks in outlook. Gushardt's solution may not be 'definitive', but worked perfectly just now.
Thanks,
Gregor


This message was edited Feb 18, 2009.
You cannot reply yet


To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.



Toodledo Forums > Developers

Contact Us | Blog | API | Jobs | Press | Documentation | Forums Privacy | Terms | Copyright © 2004-2014