ForumsDevelopersPossible bug in notebooks

Possible bug in notebooks
Chris McKay

Posted: Sep 06, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
I've just upgraded by app to use ToodleDo's notebook feature and I'm finding a weird oddity. Frequently the lastedit_notebooks field in the account information is being returned as '0'. All of the other fields are being returned with correct timestamps.

Could this be something that I've done? I can see the notebooks in ToodleDo that my app has pushed over, but the system is still giving me a 0.

Thanks for your help!
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Sep 07, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
Since a few days, I have the same issue.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 07, 2011
Are you using API 1.0 or API 2.0? Is this from the "2/account/get.php" API method? If you edit a notebook, does it affect the value that is returned?
TaskUnifier

Posted: Sep 08, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
API 2.0
Yes 2/account/get.php

I didn't try to reproduce it yet, but from what I remember, I created a notebook with the API, I updated it with the API.

Then, when I tried to retrieve the modified note with the API, that note wasn't in the list.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I'll look into it. Please let me know if you are able to reproduce it with a series of steps.
Chris McKay

This is definitely occurring in the 2.0 API (my app doesn't use the 1.0 API).

I can reproduce it doing the following:
1. Push some new notes using 2/notebooks/add.php
2. Sync again without adding any notes
3. Make a call to 2/account/get.php

In there, all of the times are set correctly (even lastdelete_notebook, if any notebook entries were deleted). Just lastedit_notebook is set to 0.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 09, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Ok, I think I found the problem and fixed it. Can you please re-test and confirm?
Chris McKay

Posted: Sep 13, 2011
The bug is still there. Here is a copy of the JSON structure that comes from account.php. For security reasons, I've 'x'ed out the user id:

{"userid":"xxxxxxxxxxxx","alias":"chris","pro":"0","dateformat":"0","timezone":"-4","hidemonths":"6" ,"hotlistpriority":"3","hotlistduedate":"14","hotliststar":"1","hotliststatus":"1","showtabnums":"0" ,"lastedit_folder":"1315885430","lastedit_context":"1301438909","lastedit_goal":"1298541325","lasted it_location":"1289084743","lastedit_task":"1315880544","lastdelete_task":"1315837908","lastedit_note book":"0","lastdelete_notebook":"1315328013"}

As you can see, there are timestamps for everything except the lastedit_notebook value.

Thank you for looking into this.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 13, 2011
Try editing a notebook and see if that timestamp updates.
Chris McKay

Posted: Sep 15, 2011
Editing it directly seems to have set the date. But, if I upload any changes from my app, the lastedit_notebook field remains unchanged.

So, I guess the bug is that the lastedit_notebook field is not being updated when changes are made via the API.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 15, 2011
I was not able to confirm this in my testing. Are you using API 1.0 or API 2.0? Can you please give me a series of API calls that demonstrate the problem?
Chris McKay

Posted: Sep 16, 2011
I'm using API 2.0. However, I stand corrected as my observations earlier this morning seem to have been incorrect. It looks like it's synchronizing correctly now.

Thank you for your help in troubleshooting this.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.