ForumsDevelopersC# web request & cookies

C# web request & cookies
kevin.nanson

Posted: Nov 11, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,
I am trying to write an automated backup tool for my tasks and I can't seem to get the cookies to work with the Toodledo website. I have it working the other sites like google, but Toodledo is not working. Is there a specific header that I need to include that is not displayed in List HTTP headers?

I have seen examples on this forum that use wget, but I wanted to write my own implementation with .NET.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 11, 2011
We do not do anything special with cookies that is different from other websites. I am not familiar with .NET so I will let someone else try to answer.
kevin.nanson

Posted: Nov 16, 2011
OK, since this seems to be an issue no one else has come across, I may put it aside for now. In the meantime, are there plans to update the API for backups of all objects (like backup.php), rather than individual items (folders, tasks, etc.)?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
What do you mean backups of all objects? The API already provides access to all objects that are stored in Toodledo.
kevin.nanson

What I am looking for is the same functionality in the backup.php web page (which I believe includes everything ... notebooks, folders, etc. in the downloaded file) in a single api call, rather than creating an implementation for each object.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Sorry, the API was not designed to output a single blob of everything. You will need to grab the items individually or use our backup page.
kevin.nanson

Posted: Nov 30, 2011
OK, I was finally able to get this to go. What you need to do is turn off automatic redirect on the request object and loop through each subsequent redirect/response until the response is complete. Once I clean up the code, I will post a sample.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.