ForumsDevelopersCould not initialize Outlook Proxy

Could not initialize Outlook Proxy
dzdetton

Posted: Jan 31, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I am getting the following error when trying to do a Manual sync. I have installed the Office 2003 PIA as suggested and I have disabled all firewall and security processes. I have also disabled or uninstalled other programs that "successfully" sync with outlook. Then reboot and reinstall and still get this error. It seems that quite a few other people have also received this error. Please advise as to what else to try to resolve this issue.

SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : OutlookProxy:initialize() initialization error Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 8007007e. at OutlookClientLib.OutlookProxy.initialize()
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization: Could not initialize outlook proxy
at OutlookClientLib.OutlookProxy.initialize()
at OutlookClientLib.OutlookProxy.initializeInstance()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.synchronizeTasks()
at SyncApp.frmMain.performSync()

Thanks,
Dawn
keef

Posted: Feb 01, 2009
Hi,

This fix has worked for another user with this problem:
(taken from http://www.syncmycal.com/calendar_sync_software_FAQ.htm#outlookcalendar)

1. Please close Outlook.
2. Please go to Start >> Run >> open Registry editor by typing 'regedit'.
3. On 'Registry Editor' window, please go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT >>CLSID >> {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} >> InProcServer32.

At the right pane, please double click 'Default', this opens 'Edit String' window. Please see if some value is set for the 'Default'.

If some value is set then please right click the 'Default' and click the 'Delete' button to delete the value that is set for the 'Default'. We need to have the 'Default' value as null (ie an emtpy field)

Hope that helps,

keef
dzdetton

Posted: Feb 01, 2009
Thanks keef! That seems to have cleared up the problem.
BobbyG

Posted: Feb 03, 2009
Hello Keef,

I too am receiving the error message "Could not initialize outlook proxy" on several initial attempts to sync. I have installed the PIA. I tried the fix dexcribed above, without effect. (Note that in the Registry, I do not find InProcServer32; rather my two choices are InProcHandler32, or LocalServer32.)

The trace says "unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00063001-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)). at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass.GetNamespace(String Type)

Could you kindly give me advice? Thank you.
BobG
keef

Posted: Feb 04, 2009
Did you install the correct version of the PIA for your version of Office? If so, you could try a re-install of Office , perhaps your current installation is missing something

keef
BobbyG

Hi Keef,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have Office XP Small Business and installed the PIA specifically for that.

I've just checked the original Microsoft CD and found that the date printed on the disc is 2002. Would that be the problem? I've read elsewhere that sync works with 2003 and 2007. Would I need to upgrade to 2007 to be able to sync?
Thank you, BobG
BobbyG

Hi Keef,

UPDATE to my post earlier today ..... I went ahead and upgraded/downloaded Outlook 2007 (actually the entire Office 2007 suite), and without any further action by me, the tasks that I had entered into Toodledo appeared in Outlook!

I've subsequently added a new task in Outlook, and successfully manually synced with Toodledo, and then my iPod Touch. All works great!

Thank you,
BobG
mtepoele

Posted: Mar 23, 2009
Tried the Regedit fix for this problem - I do not have an entry under CLSID with "0006F03A". In sequence, mine go from 033 to 045.

Any clues?
keef

Posted: Mar 23, 2009
Is the error message identical? If so please make sure that you have the PIAs for your version of Office installed
keef
mtepoele

Posted: Mar 25, 2009
Thanks for your quick reply and the help.

I went to: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3c9a983a-ac14-4125-8ba0-d36d67e0f4ad&displa ylang=en. Downloaded and installed the PIAs. MS Office Pro 2003 - v11.5612.5606.

I right-click on the Toodledo icon in the Tray and bring up Options. From the File Menu, I select Manual Sync. I still get, "Error during Synchronization: Could not initialize outlook proxy" The message appears in the Status Bar at the bottom of the window.
keef

Posted: Mar 25, 2009
Hi, could you please post the error message that shows on the diagnostics panel when you enable 'show trace' and try a sync?
keef
mtepoele

Posted: Mar 26, 2009
Sure!

SyncApp.exe Information: 0 :
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : ----------------------------------------------------
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : ToodledoSyncApp Version 0.9.9.5
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : Please do not post these trace logs to the Toodledo Forums
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : ----------------------------------------------------
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:synchronizeTasks() method called
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : OutlookProxy:initialize() initialization error Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80040154. at OutlookClientLib.OutlookProxy.initialize()
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization: Could not initialize outlook proxy

I can tell you that the CLSID starting with 0006F03A is not found in my Registry.

BTW - You're awesome. I'm sure we'll get this fixed and will tell all my iPhone friends about Toodledo.
keef

Posted: Mar 29, 2009
mtepoete, your error code is different -> 80040154. This coupled with the fact that you dont have a CLSID starting with 0006F03A in your registry suggests an installation problem with either Outlook or the Microsoft PIAs. Are you able to perform a repair installation of Office/Outlook?

keef
mtepoele

Posted: Apr 08, 2009
I did a Help -> Detect & Repair... in Outlook - actually to fix another problem I was having with the Address Book. Once I did this, Toodledo magically started working.

Unexpectedly, it caused Outlook to pop up a Dialog expaining that an application was trying to access the Address Book, warned me that it might be a virus and asked me Yes or No. It was not until I noticed the ToodleDo Icon faintly blinking that I put 2+2 together. I said yes then went to the iPhone and did a Sync. Voila!

Thanks for the help.
yberman

Posted: Jun 27, 2009
Hi Keef,

I also can not sync with my outlook 2003. It indicates "Error during synchronization: Could not initialize outlook proxy" and I looked in the "regedit" for HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT >>CLSID >> {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} >> InProcServer32. No luck. I went to trace output and found:

SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : ToodledoSyncApp Version 0.9.9.6
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : Please do not post these trace logs to the Toodledo Forums
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:synchronizeTasks() method called
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : OutlookProxy:initialize() initialization error Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00063001-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)). at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass.GetNamespace(String Type)

What did I do wrong? I would greatly appreciate if you could help me. Thanks.
yberman

Hi Keef,

Correction from the previous message. I found HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT >>CLSID >> {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}, but I don't have InProcServer32. I have InprocHandler32, Local Server32 and TreatAs.

Would you advise me what is wrong with mine? Thanks.
keef

It looks like you don't have the Microsoft Primary Interop Assemblies for your version of Office installed. You can download these from www.microsoft.com.
keef
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.