ForumsDevelopersSession Tokens

Session Tokens
danielgodson

Posted: Jan 25, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
I'm writing an desktop application to sync with ToodleDo, and I've been blocked by ToodleDo for making too many token requests.

I thought if I had an appID that there would be no such blocking. Can you clarify?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 26, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
An appID is required. You must have one to use the API. There is also some rate limiting, but it is only there to prevent abuse. If you are hitting the limits, then it means that you are not caching tokens. When you get a token, you should save it and reused it until it expires. If you request a new token for each API interaction, then you are making too many requests and it will be blocked. Just cache your tokens and other data and you'll be fine.
danielgodson

Score: -1 Reference
Thx. What I'll do is to save the session key to a local file and then verify it each time the application loads.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
You should cache more than the token. You should save all the folders, context, goals, locations, tasks and notebooks too. That way you only have to sync the differences. If you are sucking down the entire task list each time you sync, you need to rethink how you are doing it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.