ForumsDevelopersDisabling existing app token

Disabling existing app token
sergevm

Posted: Apr 16, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
Hi,

In my spare time I have been working on a small Android app that synchronizes with Toodledo, mostly for learning purposes. I would like to post my code to github, but unfortunately my git history contains the hard coded app id and app token.

I can remove the app id from my account, but it remains usable apparently. The app id is not really gone, since registering the same app id returns it in my list of app ids with the same token.

My question is: how do I totally disable and remove the app id, so I can push my code on github without having my account being locked because of potential misuse of the app id?

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 16, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
To delete an AppID, go to the page where you register for an AppID and click the "delete" link next to the one you no longer want.

http://api.toodledo.com/2/account/doc_register.php

I just tested this, and it deleted and inactivated the AppID and re-registering it generated a new token.
sergevm

Posted: Apr 17, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
I don't get to see a delete link next to the app ids. Possibly you have an account that has elevated rights or something?

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 17, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
You must be using the 1.0 API, which has different behavior. AppIDs were optional on the 1.0 API, so there was no real support for deleting them. The 1.0 API is deprecated, and has been for some time. I recommend updating your app to use our 2.0 API. Its not a lot of work. You will need to create a new AppID for this and then the old one won't matter anymore.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.