ForumsDevelopersDelete all tasks and lastdelete_task

Delete all tasks and lastdelete_task
jeremy.alles_1305547905

Posted: Apr 22, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Hello all,

My Windows / Windows Phone app 2Day is currently using API v2. Users are reporting an issue when they delete all tasks of their account via the link in the settings page. After investigation, it looks like the lastdelete_task timestamp is not updated in this case.

Can anyone confirm this behavior ? Is it a bug or expected behavior ?
Is there any workaround ?

Thanks,
Jeremy
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Expected behavior. We wanted to provide a way for users to be able to reset their online account to match what is in their app. So, using the "delete all tasks" option on this website, will delete them only from this website so that you can then sync the app and have them put back to match what's in the app.

If the user wants to delete everything from everywhere, they would "Delete all tasks" from the website and then repeat the "delete all tasks" in the app.
jeremy.alles_1305547905

Alright, thanks for the quick feedback !
jeremy.alles_1305547905

One more question: in that case what I'm supposed to do in the app ?

If all tasks are gone from ToodleDo but the app doesn't know, from the point of view of the app, the tasks are still in ToodleDo (because they have the "old" id from ToodleDo). Any further edit will lead to an error.

Do you have guidance on this particular scenario ?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We do two things in our app.

1) Provide a button in the app that nulls out the ids so they appear to be new tasks and will all be synced to the website on the next sync. This is the second half of the scenario I described above.

2) If the app attempts to edit a task and the server responds that the task doesn't exist, we null out the id, which allows the task to be added on the next sync.

You could also do:

3) Prompt the user with an error that the task in the app doesn't exist and ask them what they want to do with it (delete from app or add to website)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.