ForumsDevelopersToodledo AIR app

Toodledo AIR app
Colin

Posted: Aug 04, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Michael, thanks for the quick response. This is perfect!
Michael

Posted: Aug 04, 2009
Posted by Colin:
Michael, thanks for the quick response. This is perfect!

Heh, you got lucky. I have not looked at this forum in months until last night :-) I really wish there was an ability to subscribe to forum topics here....

-M
olukay

Posted: Sep 23, 2009
Hey Michael, Doesn't work on mac (snow leopard), any hope or how to make it work?
Michael

Posted: Oct 08, 2009
Posted by olukay:
Hey Michael, Doesn't work on mac (snow leopard), any hope or how to make it work?

Whats the issue? Do any other Air Apps work?
valerio.mariani

Posted: Nov 05, 2009
Dear Michael,

yes they do. What happens in snow leopard is that you get the icon in the dock, and the menu at the top but the main window does not show up.

I have Snow Leopard and some programming experience. I am willing to help make it work by testing, helping with changes to the code, etc.

Please contact me personally if you accept my help :)

Valerio
jlaker

Posted: Nov 10, 2009
@Micheal

Nice app! Only issue I have is in Ubuntu the drop downs don't appear to work. They respond to the arrow keys for cycling through the options but the actual drop down is never displayed. I'm not sure what is causing this but it does work in the other AIR app mentioned in this thread.

Thanks!
John
Seb F.

Posted: Nov 17, 2009
AirDo is a really wonderful app, especially the "slim/full" view option !
Though, it seems that I have a little problem with AirDo and indented tasks :
- I had several tasks (around 10 at the moment) related to multiple "sub-tasks" (around 2 to 10 subtasks for each task)
- some subtasks do not display at all in AirDo (whereas they are shown correctly in toodledo.com). It is also worth mentionning that the related "mother" task does not have the nice icon of "hierarchical task"

I do not know which could be the reason(s) for the subtasks not to show :
- it does not seem to be because of different folders or contexts defined for the subtasks(I tried to set all subtasks the most similar possible... They still do not show in AirDo)
- I also a "max" number of hierarchical tasks displayed... But it sounds a bit odd to me
- ... ?!?
Am I the only one with this problem ?
Any clue for solving this ?
Thanks for your time !
Occasl

Posted: Dec 06, 2009
Posted by Michael:
Posted by olukay:

Whats the issue? Do any other Air Apps work?

Yes, other Air apps work except this one. It basically shows up in the dock after installation but doesn't bring up any screen.
Michael

Posted: Dec 09, 2009
Yay, just noticed that you can watch a topic now - hopefully next time it will not be a few months between me noticing there are posts here.

Anyway,

I can confirm the issue with Ubuntu and selects. Looks like the "always on top" option gets a bit over-zealous and the pulldown menu is drawn BEHIND the window. Unfortunately right now the only ways to deal with this is to turn off "always on top" or use arrow keys. Really, its probably a webkit bug as z-index of a select pulldown should be above even "always on top" window - but once I get a chance I will look to see if there is anything I can do about it. Also, can anyone confirm if same issue occurs or not on Windows and OS/X?

As for Snow Leopard issue - turns out the current version of AirDo does not run on Leopard or any other Mac either. This is due to the main interface of AirDo being via System Tray Icon and OS/X does not like the system tray icons (they prefer use of Dock Icons). Should not be that hard to fix though, just need some time to either force a System Tray Icon or use Dock Icon properly. Unfortunately time right now is at a premium so it will be about a month or so before I can do get to it.

As for subtasks, I have not had any issues with this and I have a number of subtasks. You have to realize that AirDo "application" is really a few scripts to open and control WebKit windows - so rendering issues are most likely WebKit issues. Please try using another WebKit based browser (Chrome, Safari) and see if you are having same issues. If not please try to come up with some scenario I can recreate so I can see the issue. Please include the OS/version/architecture.

-M
Michael

Posted: Dec 09, 2009
Posted by Michael:

As for Snow Leopard issue - turns out the current version of AirDo does not run on Leopard or any other Mac either. This is due to the main interface of AirDo being via System Tray Icon and OS/X does not like the system tray icons (they prefer use of Dock Icons). Should not be that hard to fix though, just need some time to either force a System Tray Icon or use Dock Icon properly. Unfortunately time right now is at a premium so it will be about a month or so before I can do get to it.

Good news/bad news - the good news is that I tracked the Mac issue to a single line of code that needs to be commented out. The bad news is that the windows box I used to compile the code into AIR app is not easily accessible, so it may take a few days to get it done. Also, this introduces another issue as you can click systray icon to hide the app but you cannot click on the Dock Icon - but it should be easy to fix.

Update: I have posted a version that works on the Mac (0.3.1). There are still some issues (for one the window does not auto-hide if minimized) but it is usable.

I have also confirmed that "Always-on-top" issue ONLY occurs on Linux boxes. Both Windows and Mac seem to be fine. Odd.

This message was edited Dec 09, 2009.
Seb F.

Posted: Dec 21, 2009
Posted by Michael:

As for subtasks, I have not had any issues with this and I have a number of subtasks. You have to realize that AirDo "application" is really a few scripts to open and control WebKit windows - so rendering issues are most likely WebKit issues. Please try using another WebKit based browser (Chrome, Safari) and see if you are having same issues. If not please try to come up with some scenario I can recreate so I can see the issue. Please include the OS/version/architecture.

-M

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your time.
It may be a dumb question, but how do I change the "web kit based browser" if I am using an Adobe AIR application ?
Is it an AIR option ? Am I supposed to install Chrome AND de-install firefox ?
Sorry for this kind of newbie question !

Otherwise, I reproduce my problem on 2 computers :
- Home : Windows 7 x64
- Work : Windows XP 32bits
Michael

Posted: Jan 12, 2010
Posted by Seb F.:

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your time.
It may be a dumb question, but how do I change the "web kit based browser" if I am using an Adobe AIR application ?
Is it an AIR option ? Am I supposed to install Chrome AND de-install firefox ?
Sorry for this kind of newbie question !

Not a dumb question, just a badly phrased request on my part.

I meant try using other browsers based on WebKit engine like Safari or Chrome on same computer INSTEAD of AIR app to see if the problem persists.

Just an FYI - Firefox is NOT WebKit based - it is based on Mozilla's Gecko engine. Also you can run multiple browsers on same computer without uninstalling each other, as the engine each uses inside is not shared (so Safari, Chrome and Air may all be based on WebKit - but they may be using a different version of WebKit each.

So, what I would like from you is this:

First: on a computer with this issue, can you please try logging into it with Safari and/or Chrome and see if you see same issue.

Second: regardless of results of first, can you write out steps from the beginning to reproduce this issue because I created a task with 20 sub tasks and everything seems fine to me on 32bit XP and Ubuntu, It would be ideal if you can create a test account and recreate the issue in as simple terms as possible there and let me login to it to see it. (also some screenshots may be helpful) Hard to diagnose an issue if I can't even see it/reproduce it.

BTW, does not look like watching a thread works as I get no notifications about new replies :-(

-M
trentwhatcott

Posted: Apr 12, 2010
Posted by jarheaddoug:
Posted by Michael:
As an alternative, I put together another Air app. Mine is done in html/javascript (so feel free to hack away) and in its current incarnation also just a simple browser-less access to TD. But it offers a few extra features over the Doug's version - System Tray icon (tested on Linux and XP) - click on icon to hide/unhide ToodleDo and access to both Slim and Full versions of the site (choose by right clicking on the system tray icon)

I built it for myself a while back as i could not find anything usable and I really wanted those features over the jarheaddoug's version. It recently occurred to me that others may benefit from it.

You can find it here: http://www.legrig.com/air/AirDo/

-M

Nicely done! I like having the option of switching between the full web view & slim view.

BLESS YOU! I've been looking for something like this for days!
acseven

Posted: Jul 19, 2010
Posted by trentwhatcott:
Posted by jarheaddoug:
Posted by Michael:
As an alternative, I put together another Air app. Mine is done in html/javascript (so feel free to hack away) and in its current incarnation also just a simple browser-less access to TD. But it offers a few extra features over the Doug's version - System Tray icon (tested on Linux and XP) - click on icon to hide/unhide ToodleDo and access to both Slim and Full versions of the site (choose by right clicking on the system tray icon)

I built it for myself a while back as i could not find anything usable and I really wanted those features over the jarheaddoug's version. It recently occurred to me that others may benefit from it.

You can find it here: http://www.legrig.com/air/AirDo/

-M

Nicely done! I like having the option of switching between the full web view & slim view.

BLESS YOU! I've been looking for something like this for days!

ANyone has a mirror for this file? I can't reach the server!
Michael

Posted: Aug 03, 2010
Posted by acseven:

ANyone has a mirror for this file? I can't reach the server!

You must have been unlucky enough to check one day when apache blew up. Should be available now :-)
taartaar

Posted: Sep 02, 2010
Nice app. Maybe add some sort of canvas to cheer things up?

I don't want to demote your project, but here's a tip for Chrome users. Right-click the ToodleDo tab and pin it, then see the magic happen. We're here to help each other after all ;)

If it wouldn't be for my browser being open all the time, I would definitely use this.
jrdayton

Posted: Nov 12, 2010
Posted by jarheaddoug:
Posted by bahetc:
How do you get it to work? I have downloaded Adobe Air and when I try to open the file it asks me which program to use? What am I doing wrong? I am using IE should I be using Firefox?

Did you get it working?

I can't get it to work either. I have installed the Adobe AIr installer but I don't know how to run the file. Could someone please offer a STEP BY STEP for how to use this Toodledo AIR app on my Windows 7 64 bit machine?
jrdayton

Posted: Nov 12, 2010
Posted by Anders:
Posted by bahetc:
How do you get it to work? I have downloaded Adobe Air and when I try to open the file it asks me which program to use? What am I doing wrong?

Do you mean you are having trouble running the Adobe AIR installer, or opening the Toodledo app?

The AIR installer should be opened by Windows Installer, and if it isn't working, try changing the end of the filename to ".exe".

Once you have installed AIR, then you should be able to open the Toodledo app installer with the Adobe AIR Application Installer (AIR.InstallerPackage). If that is not an option, then the AIR installation or the app download must have had problems. Make sure the app installation package has a name that ends with ".air".
I am using IE should I be using Firefox?

Yes always, not because it would help you with this (well, I guess it could), but yes you should always use Firefox. :)

Can you please help me? I also am unable to get the Adobe AIR app running ;-(
hmickelson

Posted: Jan 12, 2011
Hi there. Love the app, but don't understand how to switch views or the "always on top" thing. I am sure it is simple, and thus apologize, but don't see it. How do you switch?

This message was edited Jan 12, 2011.
hmickelson

Posted: Jan 13, 2011
Never mind - found it, promise to not ask questions in the middle of the nite.

Posted by hmickelson:
Hi there. Love the app, but don't understand how to switch views or the "always on top" thing. I am sure it is simple, and thus apologize, but don't see it. How do you switch?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.