ForumsDevelopersOutlook Client 0.9.8.3 is Available

Outlook Client 0.9.8.3 is Available
luckyfuso

Posted: Aug 08, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I can confirm 0.9.8.2 works!

Posted by luckyfuso:
By "previous version", do you mean 0.9.8.2?

Posted by Toodledo:
We realize that the Outlook sync app is an important tool for people, so we have developed a filter that we think will restore partial access to the tool. If you still have, or are able to install the previous version of the Outlook sync app, then it should work for you. If you are using the current version, it may work sporadically, but then stop for awhile and then work again. This was the best that we could do until keef is able to post a bug fix.
vmendez

I also got 0.9.8.2 to work. I really appreciate the quick resolution. You guys rock!
luckyfuso

To Toodledo - Not working as of now (42 minutes after my last post). May we ask what "filter" you are using? Are you only allowing sync every so often? More info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted by vmendez:
I also got 0.9.8.2 to work. I really appreciate the quick resolution. You guys rock!

This message was edited Aug 08, 2008.
gschimel

Mine is still working fine.

Toodledo did state, "If you are using the current version, it may work sporadically, but then stop for awhile and then work again."
luckyfuso

I am using 0.9.8.2 and it is not working.

May I ask which version you are using?

Posted by gschimel:
Mine is still working fine.

Toodledo did state, "If you are using the current version, it may work sporadically, but then stop for awhile and then work again."
gschimel

Version 0.9.8.3
gschimel

I completely removed the sync program and reinstalled it.
luckyfuso

Thanks. Mine is working again! When you removed and reinstalled, did you have any issues with duplicates or any other issues or did it sync fine between the two programs?

Posted by gschimel:
I completely removed the sync program and reinstalled it.
gschimel

no duplicates
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The problem was that the newest version of the Sync app has a bug that causes it to hit our server several times per second, which is WAY more than necessary for proper synchronization. Several hits per second times the number of people that are using this was causing a significant slowdown on our server. Hence the need to introduce some limitations.

Initially, we cut it off entirely because that is the only thing that we could do. Then we began working on some software on our end that would do rate-limiting on a per user basis. Once we got this finished (in a hurry), we turned the Sync app back on with the new limitations in place.

This new filter that we installed limits the amount of requests that the Sync app can make per hour per user. Once it has made too many, that particular user gets cut off for the remainder of the hour. This is why it may only work sporadically if you are using the buggy version of the sync app.

Hopefully the Sync app will get fixed soon so that people won't have this problem anymore.
keef

Wow. You can miss a lot in 12 hours it seems. A serious disadvantage of being on the other side of the planet. ( Apologies for not responding to this sooner, but I am in a GMT+8 timezone )

I am working on diagnosing and fixing the load issue now.

keef
mmiora

Toodledo -- Thank you for your quick response. With this kind of response, I can count on you. I will upgrade my account next week!

Thanks ... MMiora
keef

Posted: Aug 09, 2008
For those linking directly to this thread, I have release a new version of the app that should remove the root cause of the issues the last version created.

keef
bluejames

Posted: Aug 09, 2008
I've just downloaded and tested the newly released 0.9.8.4 patch and coan confirm that it's working fine. Many thanks keef, this is really shaping up to be a great tool.

Posted by luckyfuso:
I can confirm 0.9.8.2 works!

Posted by luckyfuso:
By "previous version", do you mean 0.9.8.2?

Posted by Toodledo:
We realize that the Outlook sync app is an important tool for people, so we have developed a filter that we think will restore partial access to the tool. If you still have, or are able to install the previous version of the Outlook sync app, then it should work for you. If you are using the current version, it may work sporadically, but then stop for awhile and then work again. This was the best that we could do until keef is able to post a bug fix.
anagrani_2000

Posted: Aug 10, 2008
Keef,

Thanks for the great tool. This is the only tool which has convinced me to keep my iphone.

I installed v0.9.8.4. However, I am getting duplicates created on the toodledo website and the "Todo" app on the iphone. These duplicates do not get transferred/exist in Outlook. I am suspecting that these duplicates are created because of the times I clicked "manual sync"? Anyone else facing this issue?

Thanks,

Ash
anagrani_2000

Keef,

I just noticed that your app does not sync tasks with subjects having "[" and "]" characters. Is this probably why I'm getting duplicates?

Thanks,

Ashwin
keef

The most common reason that people get duplicates is that they expect the application to be able to cope with Outlook tasks that have akready been imported into toodledo by some other process, such as a manual import. Currently it can't.

If there are tasks in Toodledo that have been manually created to match tasks in Outlook before the tool is ever run it will treat these tasks as being different. This will cause it to create a new Toodledo tasks because it thinks there is no matching task in Toodledo for an Outlook task that is has detected. It should also create new Outlook tasks to match the new Toodledo tasks.

If possible you should delete the manually created tasks in Toodledo and keep the ones created by the tool.

As always, you are strongly advised to back up all your tasks at both ends before trying this.

keef
keef

Posted by anagrani_2000:
Keef,

I just noticed that your app does not sync tasks with subjects having "[" and "]" characters. Is this probably why I'm getting duplicates?

Thanks,

Ashwin

I managed to get these sort of tasks to sync - are you sure of this?

keef
arkin

I've got good news and bad news.

Good news: I'm authenticating!

Bad news: To avoid the previously experienced duplication of tasks, I removed all tasks from Toodledo allowing Outlook Sync to repopulate. It won't repopulate! Thankfully, it's not deleting my tasks from Outlook but it's also not bringing my Outlook tasks into Toodledo.

Solution? Thanks.
anagrani_2000

Keef,

I had never imported or manually entered any tasks in Toodledoo.

I am trying to narrow in on the issue, and I believe the sync application has an issue with the "#" character. It truncates the remainder of the subject following this character.

The number of duplicates on my Toodledo continue to increase while Outlook is not creating the duplicates yet. Surprisingly, they are not increasing every 10mins which the sync application is configured for.

Would you like me to send you the log?

Ash
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.