ForumsDevelopersOutlook Client 0.9.8.3 is Available

Outlook Client 0.9.8.3 is Available
anagrani_2000

Posted: Aug 12, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Keef,

The duplicates are being generated because the sync never completes. The following error message truncates the first sync with toodledo

ToodledoClientLib Information: 0 : ToodleClientLib:sendHttpRequest:Response=[<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><error>Excessive API usage over the last 1 hour. This user is temporarily blocked.</error>]
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization Error adding task to toodledo at SynchLib.TaskProcessor.createTaskFromTaskItem(TaskItem taskItem)

Is there something I can do?

Thanks,

Ash
keef

Posted: Aug 12, 2008
At the moment the onky thing you can do about this is to reduce the number of Outlook tasks you have (export to a file)? Then gradually import them a few at a time.

I am currently working with the Toodledo admins to understand the rate limit and what I should do with my application to avoid hitting it.
anagrani_2000

Posted: Aug 13, 2008
Keef,

Thanks for all your help. I got it to work finally by synching only few tasks at a time (transferring tasks to the archive folders and back).

I would recommend the following
1. A feature in your application where initially it would limit the amount of sync data automatically so that "excess API traffic" error is not encountered.
2. A feature where one could limit the categories being synched (along with the context feature that you have).
3. My outlook had crashed in between the sync and I had to reboot my computer for the synching to resume. I will send you the error log next time so that a recovery procedure could be put in place to make this tool more robust.

All in all, thank you for this great tool. If I can assist in beta testing, please let me know.

Ash
keef

Posted: Aug 13, 2008
Thanks anangri,

You have come up with a useful work around.
I am indeed looking at implementing feature 1 in the next release

The categories feature is on the enhancements list, but I need to get the stability issues sorted first

Cheers

keef

This message was edited Aug 13, 2008.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.