ForumsDevelopersDid rep_advanced format change?

Did rep_advanced format change?
c.e.perry

Posted: Jan 21, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
When did the format for the rep_advanced string provided by the API change? At one time Toodledo provided rep_advanced strings like these:

Every Monday
On the third Monday of each month

Now the rep_advanced strings look like this:

Every Mon
The 3rd Mon of each month

Were these changes announced, and I just missed it? Is there anywhere the format of the rep_advanced strings is documented? (I looked in the API docs, but couldn't find anything.) If there isn't a format definition anywhere, could we get one please?

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 21, 2010
The format hasn't changed. Your are probably just seeing how the user typed it in. Both "Every Monday" and "Every Mon" are valid, so it depends on how the user types it.

Valid values are described here:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=2
c.e.perry

Posted: Jan 22, 2010
Thanks for the reply. It's not based on the way that the user types them in, though. I'm the user that typed them in, and I typed them in using the top formats. Toodledo reformated my strings to look like the bottom ones. At one time I believe Toodledo formated them like the top ones, but not anymore.

I knew about the help page you pointed me to, and you'll notice that the help page agrees with what I think used to be the format. The format that Toodledo is now providing is subtly different.

Also, I interpret that page to define acceptable input formats. I'm looking for a definition of the output format. I encourage you to provide an output format definition in the API docs.

Thanks for providing a wonderful product.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 22, 2010
I should have read it more carefully. I guess it is a little ambiguous. Thanks for pointing this out.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.