keef

Posted: Aug 26, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
If you mail me the trace log I may be able to assist further keef
patrick.favre

Posted: Aug 27, 2008
FEATURE REQUEST:

On my PC, Toodledo is configured to sync automatically all 15 minutes.

A boot time, my internet connection is ready after a rather long delay, about 1-2 minutes.

==> the sync client seems to try to connect before the connection is open and says "error...cannot resolve www.toodledo.com".

This would not be dramatic if the client would try again in 15 minutes, but i have noticed that afer connection/sync problems, i ALWAYS have to start the client again (else, it always produces an error message at every subsequent sync trial).

It would be nice if this could be resolved in a future update.

Thanks
Patrick

This message was edited Aug 27, 2008.
keef

Hi Patrick.
Thanks for the heads up - I am sure other people are experiencing the same problem. I'll add this on to the (ever expanding) task list
keef
kvd

FEATURE REQUEST

I know you added a length limitation on the notes to 2K in this last version, but that's a deal-breaker for me, as I keep a ton of reference info in notes. Any way to get closer to 32K?

BUG(?)

On the first sync of an item with a new category from Outlook->Toodledo, the sync creates the task into Toodledo but with no folder. It also creates the folder, but leaves it empty. was hoping it would fix itself on a second sync, but it will only if you modify the original task.

Thanks,

-Karen
keef

Posted: Aug 28, 2008
Hi Karen,
Thansk for he response.
I am afraid I can't do anything about the length of notes. This is a limitation of the API that I can't code around.

I'll add the bug fix to the queue though. keef
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Keef,

If you do a POST instead of a GET, you can send notes of any length. I have just updated the API documentation to indicate that you can do this.
keef

Cool! Do you have any limits on note lengths that you'd like to enforce though? It might be sensible to put some sort of cap there.

keef
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 29, 2008
There currently is no limit, but it would probably be a good idea to build a sanity check into your software. Lets say 100k? That would be a very long note.
keef

Posted: Aug 29, 2008
I'll need to rework my client to use POSTs so this could be a couple of releases away (still working on the server efficiency) but when I add it I'll add a cap.
keef
dreamgirl

Posted: Sep 24, 2008
Hi Keef,
I am having the "authentication failed" problem on first run I've seen described a few places. I downloaded the most recent version today and I'm definitely using my unique ID. Any ideas of things to try?

Thanks,
Cate
keef

Posted: Sep 24, 2008
This is most likely due to a network issue such the the presence of a firewall or proxy server on your network. You can try looking at your internet explorer settings to see if it is using a proxy.
Alternatively, the problem may also be a locally installed firewall/anti-virus product. This may be blocking the application from accessing Toodledo
keef
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.