ForumsDevelopersOutlook Client 0.9.8.6 is Available

Outlook Client 0.9.8.6 is Available
keef

Posted: Aug 17, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
A new version of the Outlook Synchronization Client for Toodledo is available at http://www.chromadrake.com

This update includes the following changes:

Added update rate limiting (1 update per 20 secs) to avoid triggering the Toodledo API lock out
Added maximum upload cap per sync to reduce Toodledo server load
Added rate limiting to manual sync to reduce Toodleod server load
Removed the getTasks call after each Toodledo upload to reduce Toodledo server load
Increased minimum automatic sync time to 10 minutes to reduce server load
Added failure recovery code so that an error with a single tasks will not abort the entire sync run
Fixed bug where all dates for for retrieving deleted and modified tasks were being clamped to AM
Reduced size of truncated long notes to 2048 bytes to fix map URL length error
Added getServerInfo support to allow calculation of time difference between local and server timezones
Added start date and importance to Outlook task hash to detect changes to these fields
Added tdfolder user property to created Outlook tasks
Fixed bug where due date was not being cleared in Toodledo when cleared in Outlook

The following are known issues with the current version:

The application does not currently support the synchronization of recurring tasks or reminders.
The application does not currently support an environment where Outlook tasks have been previously imported into Toodledo by some other process (e.g. manual import). It will treat these imported tasks as new Toodledo tasks which will duplication when synchronizing. It is recommended to backup, then delete any Outlook tasks that have previously been manually imported into Toodledo before running the tool.
The toodledo servers will block any application that performs too many operations is a given time period. In order to avoid triggering this block the application will only send updates to the server at the rate of 1 update every 20 seconds. This can cause the first synchronizatio to take quite some time
You must manually shutdown and uninstall an old version of this application before upgrading
The application may resync all of your Outlook tasks the first time that you sync after upgrading to a new version
Outlook task notes over 2048 bytes long will be truncated went transmitted to Toodledo.

Enjoy
keef
Drew

Hi Keef,

Thanks!

Will this help at all with the limitation of how many tasks can be transferred without duplicates showing up?

Drew
keef

I hope so. I think the main reasons for the duplicates was the application crashing and burning when it hit the rate limit
keef
Drew

Posted: Aug 18, 2008
Hi Keef. Well, yay! It worked. I brought them in a bunch at a time. But while I originally wanted all my completed items (so I could look back at phone numbers, etc) to be safe I did not include them. I'm wondering what happens now if I leave the sync client "ignore existing completed tasks" checked. Will completed tasks be deleted or will they stay somewhere where I can access them.

Thank you! Once I get it all figured out I'll donate too!

Drew
Drew

Keef,

Uggh...Looks like I'm again getting Error During synchronization... no duplicates. The first time it said could not connect to proxy but I don't have anything set as using a proxy. Now just says error during synch. Going to try closing and restarting Outlook. Anything else I should try/do/send you?

D
Drew

Update... closed and restarted Outlook 07... then no change..error during sync. Went to account details and tried authentication...it failed. Tried it again - it succeeded and then was able to synch. Any ideas/suggestions?

And also still interested in the answer to my question about completed tasks. Thanks! Drew
keef

Hi Drew,
I hate to say it, but have you tried scanning for spyware and viruses lately? It looks like the application is having intermittent problems reaching your network. If you are reasonably sure your PC is clean then I'd suggest monitoring this for a few days to see if you can pick up a pattern.
As for the completed tasks, the 'Ignore existing completed tasks' switch just causes the application to omit these tasks from the sync process and not transmit them to the other end. If you uncheck this box then your existing tasks on both ends should be picked up and synced. Nothing should be deleted, but as always you are advised to back your tasks up before experimenting
keef
Drew

Posted: Aug 20, 2008
Thanks keef. There may have been a bit of spyware that I've cleaned up.

If after running the program with the "Ignore existing completed tasks" switch on. And I change it to off, there will be LOTS of historical completed tasks. How much of a chance do you think is there that it will error and all because of too many tasks? Thanks, Drew
Bobwen Tampus

Hi, I just downloaded this latest version of Toodledo Sync and couldn't get past the First Run. It's always Authentication Failed. I've installed the interop as suggested in the forums here. I also check my Internet Options > Connections > Lan Settings and noted no proxy servers.

Is there additional tweaking that I need to do from my computer that could have failed the authentication.

Thank you,

Bobwen
keef

Hi Bobwen, I bet your are not using your Toodledo unique id to authenticate. This is not the same thing as your Toodledo username!
You can find the unqiue id on the account settings page, which you can access from the Toodledo side bar once you log in.
keef
keef

Posted by Drew:
Thanks keef. There may have been a bit of spyware that I've cleaned up.

If after running the program with the "Ignore existing completed tasks" switch on. And I change it to off, there will be LOTS of historical completed tasks. How much of a chance do you think is there that it will error and all because of too many tasks? Thanks, Drew

The new version should keep on trucking no matter how many tasks you have but please be ware that it will take a LONG time to complete the initial sync. To avoid overloading the servers I've had to limit the sync rate to 1 task per 20 seconds.

keef
Bobwen Tampus

Posted: Aug 21, 2008
Posted by keef:
Hi Bobwen, I bet your are not using your Toodledo unique id to authenticate. This is not the same thing as your Toodledo username!
You can find the unqiue id on the account settings page, which you can access from the Toodledo side bar once you log in.
keef

Keef,

I did use the unique id. But after hitting "Test", it right away says "Authentication Failed." I didn't see any processing time taking place. I'm using my work laptop and not sure if there are security settings. I am not the administrator. Right now, I'm just maintaining all my task list directly in Toodledo.

Thank you for being so responsive. The team here is so responsive. It amazes me.

Thanks again,

Bobwen
keef

Okay Bobwen, if you are using the correct uniqueid and password then the problem is most likely to be a network connection issue. This could be due to a firewall configuration or a proxy configuration requirement on your corporate network. If you IE proxy options are set to 'Automatically detect settings' you could still very well be using a proxy server without realising it.

keef
Bobwen Tampus

Posted by keef:
Okay Bobwen, if you are using the correct uniqueid and password then the problem is most likely to be a network connection issue. This could be due to a firewall configuration or a proxy configuration requirement on your corporate network. If you IE proxy options are set to 'Automatically detect settings' you could still very well be using a proxy server without realising it.

keef

Hi Keef,

I just thought of it today that if it's a network connection issue, why am I able to sync my calendar, contacts and to do's to plaxo then plaxo to my mac (contacts/calendary only). I only sync my iPhone to mac.

Thanks,

Bobwen
michael.fessler

Hi -- just downloaded the Outlook sync and started using it.

Nice so far-- but:

Is there any way to have Toodledoo folders synced back to Outlook categories? I categorized about 150 to-dos on the website, but this doesn't seem to be reflected anywhere in Outlook.

Thanks,

Michael
keef

I think that you will manully need to create the Categories in Outlook to match the Toodledo folders. As I recall the tool doesn't currently create Outlook categories for TD folders, but it will create Toodledo folders for Outlook categories.

I'll add this on to the bug list to make sure.

Cheers

Keef
randall

Posted: Aug 22, 2008
Ok I've got one for you Keef. Mine won't sync at all anymore, and each time it tries to sync it errors out after seeming to process everything ok, and then it deletes one of the tasks from Outlook (the one that makes the sync die). Here's how the trace dies:

SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : StateMissingFromToodleDo(): outlook task [TASK NAME HERE]
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SyncContext:switchState() moving to state MissingFromBoth
SyncApp.exe Warning: 0 : SynchLib: processContextStates() Error processing item The item has been moved or deleted. at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._TaskItem.get_Subject()
at SynchLib.SyncContext.process()
at SynchLib.StateMissingFromToodleDo.Process()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.processContextStates(List`1 contexts)
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SyncContext:switchState() moving to state Sync Error
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization The item has been moved or deleted. at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._TaskItem.get_Subject()
at SynchLib.SyncContext.switchState(StateBase newState)
at SynchLib.SyncTool.processContextStates(List`1 contexts)
at SynchLib.SyncTool.processContexts(List`1 contexts)
at SynchLib.SyncTool.performFullSynch(SyncInfo syncinfo)
at SynchLib.SyncTool.synchronizeTasks()
at SyncApp.frmMain.backgroundWorker1_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
keef

Posted: Aug 23, 2008
Hi Randall,
Can you please mail me a full sync log with 'show traffic' enabled? An error with a single task shouldn't be killing things. The mail address is developer(at)chromadrake.com.
cheers keef
cdkennedy

Posted: Aug 26, 2008
I am also not able to get past the Test phase without getting an authentication failed.
The last version autheticated fine, but the new one does not.
I am using my toodledo unique ID (I even generated a new one and used it)and I've triple checked my password
cdkennedy

Posted: Aug 26, 2008
I was able to get past the authentication phase, but I keep getting a sync error which shows as "there is an error in the xml document (1, 40)"
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.