ForumsDevelopersOutlook Client Proxy issue

Outlook Client Proxy issue
laurent.bonet

Posted: Aug 18, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I'm trying the Outlook Client 0.9.8.6 under Windows XP SP 2 and Office 2007.
When connected directly to internet everything work fine (great job by the way).
With the same computer connected through my company network and proxy I've the following behavior:
- When launchning the client I get the message "Error initializing connections. The remote server returned an error: (404) not found" in the status bar.
- When launching a synchronisation "error during synchronization " with the following log
"
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:synchronizeTasks() method called
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization SyncTool not initialized at SynchLib.SyncTool.synchronizeTasks()
at SyncApp.frmMain.backgroundWorker1_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
"
I've used in the connection tab the same URL than the one I use for my web browser.

Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong with my config.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Laurent
keef

This looks like the application can't find your proxy server. What happens when you try to use the 'default' proxy instead of a manual one?

keef
laurent.bonet

Thanks for your help keef

When switching to 'default' proxy I have no more the "Error initializing connections. The remote server returned an error: (404) not found"

When launching the sync "error during synchronization " with the following log

"at SyncApp.frmMain.backgroundWorker1_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:synchronizeTasks() method called
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization SyncTool not initialized at SynchLib.SyncTool.synchronizeTasks()
at SyncApp.frmMain.backgroundWorker1_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)"

I've updatedto Version 0.9.8.6

Laurent
keef

Hi laurent.
The only thing I can think of is that there is something about the format of the proxy URL that you are entering. have you tried entering it in this form 'servername:port' instead of this form 'http://servername:port'?
Are you able to post the proxy url here (change the server name to something generic to be on the safe side)?

keef
patrick.favre

Posted: Aug 19, 2008
Hello

I'm getting exactly the same error code as Laurent. Situation:
- Just upgraded to 0.9.8.6 (i think it worked better before)
- Without proxy (and "use proxy" unchecked)
- Outlook 2003 SP3 french on Windows XP SP3 french
- Restarting the sync tool usually solves the problem

Beside that, it would be VERY good if repeating outlook tasks were supported (now: yearly on Toodledo --> weekly in Outlook...)

Congratulations for this nice program
Patrick
keef

If you are getting a 404 error without any proxy configured I can only assume that the application is having trouble reaching the Toodledo web site for some reason. My money would be on a firewall or anti-spyware program getting in the way.
keef
laurent.bonet

In fact rather than typing directly the adress of the proxy server, I've entered the adress of a script : http://autoconf.fr.eu.xxxxx.corp/proxy/proxyfr.pac (xxxx being the name of my company).
I had a look on the script (around 200 lines), did not understood everyting but was able to identify a proxy server adress. I pick it and ... it works :-)

The problem is that this script affect a different proxy depending if your ip adress is even or odd.
Will the outlook client support "pac" file ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_auto-config
keef

No, I'm afraid the client only supports entering a proxy server by URL at the moment. keef
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.