ForumsDevelopersOutlook Client 0.9.8.7 is Available

Outlook Client 0.9.8.7 is Available
keef

Posted: Aug 30, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
A new version of the Outlook Synchronization Client for Toodledo is available at http://www.chromadrake.com

This update includes the following changes:

Added local caching of Folders and Contexts to support more efficient API use
Changed partial sync logic to use account info to determine if further API calls are required
Added version stamping to app id to track upgrade usage
Fixed bug where open outlook tasks would about the whole sync
Fixed bug where tasks would not get added to new Outlook categories correctly
Increased minimum automatic sync time to 15 minutes to reduce server load
Added additional trace output to Outlook proxy initialisation
Reduced max number of tasks that can be sent per sync to 25 to reduce risk of abending during initial sync due to api cap

The following are known issues with the current version:

The application does not currently support the synchronization of recurring tasks or reminders.
The application does not currently support an environment where Outlook tasks have been previously imported into Toodledo by some other process (e.g. manual import). It will treat these imported tasks as new Toodledo tasks which will duplication when synchronizing. It is recommended to backup, then delete any Outlook tasks that have previously been manually imported into Toodledo before running the tool.
The toodledo servers will block any application that performs too many operations is a given time period. In order to avoid triggering this block the application will only send updates to the server at the rate of 1 update every 20 seconds. Only 25 tasks can be sent at any given synchronization, so it make take some time to sync all of your tasks,
You must manually shutdown and uninstall an old version of this application before upgrading
The application may resync all of your Outlook tasks the first time that you sync after upgrading to a new version
Outlook task notes over 2048 bytes long will be truncated went transmitted to Toodledo.

Enjoy
keef

There is now an RSS feed for news about this software http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/rss/newsfeed.xml
Rob

Posted: Sep 02, 2008
Absolutely love this program... thank you so much for the effort you've put into it. I have a couple of feature requests for you to consider:

- Show last sync result/time when hovering over the icon in the system tray
- Double-click on system tray icon opens options window
- Add the usual red "X" to the options window with the same functionality as the "File" --> "Close" menu item (minimizes back to the tray)
theidner.mail

Hi Keef,

I am VERY excited about the possibility of getting your program to work, but so far I'm having some problems. I was getting "Error during synchronization" running your 0.98.6 version. I just uninstalled it and updated to the 0.98.7 version you just released, hoping that it might help my issues but it didn't. Here is the trace and traffic output that I got:

SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:synchronizeTasks() performing full synchronization
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:performFullSync() method called
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:getAccountInfo() getting account info
ToodledoClientLib Information: 0 : ToodleClientLib:sendHttpRequest:Request=[http://www.toodledo.com/api.php?method=getAccountInfo;key=8 b7e88dbc91688f23aba3acf6dce33a0]
ToodledoClientLib Information: 0 : ToodleClientLib:sendHttpRequest:Response=[<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <account>
<userid>td48ab240095c27</userid>
<alias>theidner.mail
<pro>0</pro>
<dateformat>0</dateformat>
<timezone>0</timezone>
<hidemonths>6</hidemonths>
<hotlistpriority>4</hotlistpriority>
<hotlistduedate>14</hotlistduedate>
<lastaddedit>2008-08-29 14:00:02</lastaddedit>
<lastdelete>2008-08-21 09:17:55</lastdelete>
<lastfolderedit>2008-08-29 13:59:26</lastfolderedit>
<lastcontextedit>0000-00-00 00:00:00</lastcontextedit>
<lastgoaledit>0000-00-00 00:00:00</lastgoaledit>
<lastnotebookedit>0000-00-00 00:00:00</lastnotebookedit>

]
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:updateFolderCache() refereshing folder cache
ToodledoClientLib Information: 0 : ToodleClientLib:sendHttpRequest:Request=[http://www.toodledo.com/api.php?method=getFolders;key=8b7e8 8dbc91688f23aba3acf6dce33a0]
ToodledoClientLib Information: 0 : ToodleClientLib:sendHttpRequest:Response=[<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><folders></folders>]
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:updateFolderCache() refereshing context cache
ToodledoClientLib Information: 0 : ToodleClientLib:sendHttpRequest:Request=[http://www.toodledo.com/api.php?method=getContexts;key=8b7e 88dbc91688f23aba3acf6dce33a0]
ToodledoClientLib Information: 0 : ToodleClientLib:sendHttpRequest:Response=[<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><contexts></contexts>]
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:synchAndRetrieveToodledoFolders() syncing outlook categories to Toodledo folders
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization Your server administrator has limited the number of items you can open simultaneously. Try closing messages you have opened or removing attachments and images from unsent messages you are composing. at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._TaskItem.get_Status()
at OutlookClientLib.OutlookProxy.GetActiveTaskCategories()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.synchAndRetrieveToodledoFolders()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.performFullSynch()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.synchronizeTasks()
at SyncApp.frmMain.backgroundWorker1_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
<end snip>

I'm not sure why I'm seeing the error about limited number of items I can have open. I am running Outlook 2007 with the PIA installed. I believe the version of Exchange that we are running here is 2003.

Would you have any ideas for me? Have you seen this before?

Thank you SO much for your help and for taking the time to write this wonderful application!

Troy
joshhuneycutt

Hey there!

I just installed the Sync program, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working.

The tasks in my outlook (and I've tried on two machines) won't upload to the Toodledo site.

I just signed up for Toodledo, and it downloaded the 2 default Toodledo messages to Outlook, but nothing was sent back to Outlook.

Does anyone have any ideas regarding my problem?

Thanks so much!
keef

Posted: Sep 03, 2008
Posted by theidner.mail:
Hi Keef,

I am VERY excited about the possibility of getting your program to work, but so far I'm having some problems. I was getting "Error during synchronization" running your 0.98.6 version. I just uninstalled it and updated to the 0.98.7 version you just released, hoping that it might help my issues but it didn't. Here is the trace and traffic output that I got:

<snip>

I'm not sure why I'm seeing the error about limited number of items I can have open. I am running Outlook 2007 with the PIA installed. I believe the version of Exchange that we are running here is 2003.

Would you have any ideas for me? Have you seen this before?

Thank you SO much for your help and for taking the time to write this wonderful application!

Troy

Hi Troy,
This may be a bug that is realted to a limitation with the number of connections that an application can open to Outlook at any time and garbage collections issues in the API. How many outlook tasks do you have? Does the problem go away if you delete your completed tasks?
keef
keef

Posted by joshhuneycutt:
Hey there!

I just installed the Sync program, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working.

The tasks in my outlook (and I've tried on two machines) won't upload to the Toodledo site.

I just signed up for Toodledo, and it downloaded the 2 default Toodledo messages to Outlook, but nothing was sent back to Outlook.

Does anyone have any ideas regarding my problem?

Thanks so much!

Hi josh,
Are you trying to sync completed tasks or new tasks? By default the application will ignore tasks that are already marked as complete.
If you are still having problems please mail me at developer(at)chromadrake.com and I'll try and help you out.
keef
theidner.mail

Hi Troy,
This may be a bug that is realted to a limitation with the number of connections that an application can open to Outlook at any time and garbage collections issues in the API. How many outlook tasks do you have? Does the problem go away if you delete your completed tasks?
keef

Hi Keef,

You were exactly right. That did it. I never even thought about the completed items being a problem. Especially since your amazing program has the "Ignore Existing Completed Tasks" option in it. I deleted all my completed tasks and it seems to work fine now.

Thank you for your help and thank you for your program. Now that I can use it, I will test if for a little while and see if it's going to work for me. If it works out for me you can expect a donation from me. I appreciate your time and efforts.

Thanks again,

Troy
jamesij

Posted: Sep 09, 2008
Hi Keef,

I'm running 0.9.8.7 and Outlook 2007 on Vista. Running Todo 1.1.2 on iPhone 3g.

Sync works fine from Outlook to Toodledo Site to iPhone, but not in the other direction (I can't create tasks on iPhone and have them show back up on Outlook. I'm using my company's exchange server.

Thoughts?

James
keef

Posted: Sep 09, 2008
HI James,
Are the tasks that you create on your Iphone showing up on Toodledo? If not then this is an issue for the vendor of your iPhone app.
If the tasks are making it from your phone to the website then there are a few things you can try.

1) Ensure that your time zone settings are set correctly in the Toodledo account settings page
2) Try forcing a full sync using the diagnostics panel of the app
3) Ensure that the 'Synchronize selected contexts only' checkbox on the Contexts panelis not checked.

Hope that helps

keef
jamesij

Posted: Sep 10, 2008
Thanks Keef, looks like it was the iPhone app. Resetting the sync data did the trick, thanks for the quick response and keep up the good work!

JPosted by keef:
HI James,
Are the tasks that you create on your Iphone showing up on Toodledo? If not then this is an issue for the vendor of your iPhone app.
If the tasks are making it from your phone to the website then there are a few things you can try.

1) Ensure that your time zone settings are set correctly in the Toodledo account settings page
2) Try forcing a full sync using the diagnostics panel of the app
3) Ensure that the 'Synchronize selected contexts only' checkbox on the Contexts panelis not checked.

Hope that helps

keef
mickn2

Posted: Oct 25, 2008
Please help me! The syncing seems to be getting the tasks from toodledo into outlook, but when I sync my iphone, none of the tasks get put into my iphone calendar. Is there something I might be missing? Thanks

Mick
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 25, 2008
There is no way that I know of to sync with the iPhone calendar. Apple has locked it down and won't let third party applications sync to it. We're hoping that they unlock the iPhone calendar soon so that Toodledo can sync with it and set alarms and reminders.
lucynda

Posted: May 27, 2009
has there been any update on syncing with the iPhone calendar? I would LOVE LOVE LOVE that feature. That - or incorporate a calendar with alarms into todo so the iPhone calendar is not necessary. I like to be able to see a calendar as well as a todo list. Would LOVE ToDo to have a calendar view WITH alarms - alarms are critical to me.
Anders

Posted: May 27, 2009
Posted by lucynda:
has there been any update on syncing with the iPhone calendar?

You can sync your tasks through Google Calendar to the iPhone calendar using Toodledo's Google iCal subscription to get your tasks onto the calendar: http://www.toodledo.com/connect_ical.php
And then using Google Sync to get your google calendars to the iPhone calendar: http://www.google.com/mobile/apple/sync.html
keef

Posted: May 31, 2009
Could you please also post Outlook sync client issues in the Third Party forum? The Toodledo admins have asked us to stop using the developer forum for sync client support.
cheers
keef
jeremiehuot

Posted: Jul 21, 2009
Anders,

As to Lucynda's question, are there any plans to incorporate a calendar into the iphone app? I just installed Toodledo for the iPhone and love it, but since Apple doesn't like to play nice with others, can't you circumvent the problem by just having one standalone app with a to do list and integrated calendar?
Anders

Posted: Jul 21, 2009
That is an excellent idea. I suggest that you post it in the Questions forum where feature requests usually go. It is a little out of place here. You can also make suggestions through the support ticket system, but if you are a basic user, you only get 2 tickets and should probably save them for real support issues.
paul.stephenson

Posted: Jan 12, 2010
Posted by theidner.mail:

Hi Troy,
keef

Hi Keef,

You were exactly right. That did it. I never even thought about the completed items being a problem. Especially since your amazing program has the "Ignore Existing Completed Tasks" option in it. I deleted all my completed tasks and it seems to work fine now.

Thank you for your help and thank you for your program. Now that I can use it, I will test if for a little while and see if it's going to work for me. If it works out for me you can expect a donation from me. I appreciate your time and efforts.

Thanks again,

Troy

Hi Keef,

Is there a limit to the number of tasks the Toodledo sync application can handle with Outlook then? I can only manage to sync 247 of 301 tasks currently.

Thanks,

Paul.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.