ForumsDevelopersCan't change interval sync time

Can't change interval sync time
damenc

Posted: Sep 19, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Is there any reason why I cannot change the Synchronization Interval time? Stays at 15 minutes, it will go up but not down, even if I manually change it to a lower number it will revert back to 15. Is this new version of the sync limited to minimum of 15 minutes?

Damen
keef

Yes, this is to reduce the load on the Toodledo servers. With 1000s of users the load created by the automatic sync in Toodledosync is significant. I've implemented this lower limit to the sync frequency to ensure that the Toodledo admins don't have to block the application.

If you desperately need to synchronize something then you can use the manual sync option.
keef
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Also, I would just like to point out that syncing every 15 minutes plenty frequent enough to keep everything in sync. How often do you really add something on one side and need it on the other side so quickly? Unless you are constantly switch back and forth, this will probably never be an issue.
damenc

Posted: Sep 20, 2008
Posted by keef:
Yes, this is to reduce the load on the Toodledo servers. With 1000s of users the load created by the automatic sync in Toodledosync is significant. I've implemented this lower limit to the sync frequency to ensure that the Toodledo admins don't have to block the application.

If you desperately need to synchronize something then you can use the manual sync option.
keef

I kind of thought that was the reason why it's restricted to 15 minutes. Thanks for the quick reply, no biggie, thought maybe it was me that I couldn't change it. I do add quite a bit of changes on the fly the odd time but manual sync is sufficient. The only reason I brought it up is because sometimes I forget to do the manual sync and when I'm out, I don't necessary always have wireless access. This is on an Ipod Touch, not an Iphone :)

Thx.

Damen
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.