ForumsDevelopersOutlook Tasks Don't Sync to Toodledo

Outlook Tasks Don't Sync to Toodledo
mmj

Posted: Sep 19, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Everything seemed to be working fine on my initial couple of days of syncing but now Toodledo is not reflecting new tasks that I added in Outlook, although Outlook will reflect new tasks added in Toodledo. Any ideas of how to fix would be much appreciated.
keef

Posted: Sep 19, 2008
There are several reasons why this could be happening. Please mail a diagnostic trace to developer[at]chromadrake.com and I'll see what I can do to help you out.
keef
jbsdma

Posted: Sep 22, 2008
It's also happening to me ... seemed to be working fine until some time just prior to the .9.8.7 release. I had noticed that if you create a task in outlook & sync to TD, then check it off in TD it would never update in outlook as being completed. Still doesn't work in .9.8.8 I did report this to Keef I believe, so hopefully it gets worked out soon ;-)

This message was edited Sep 22, 2008.
keef

Posted: Sep 22, 2008
the issue was resolved for mmj offline and I couldn't reproduce the issue with the task completion (it works for me). I think maybe there issue is either a date/time stamp issue here or there is something specific about your setup that is creating problems. Are there any errors occurring in your trace log?
keef
chetan

Posted: Oct 03, 2008
I'm having the same issue with a task created in Outlook not syncing with Toodledo.

Here's the problem trace info:
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : TaskProcessor:createTaskFromTaskItem(): creating Toodledo task from Outlook Task [Proposal for Mount Storm]
SyncApp.exe Warning: 0 : SynchLib: processContextStates() Error processing item Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at SynchLib.TaskProcessor.setDefaultTaskContext(Task task, TaskItem item)
at SynchLib.TaskProcessor.updateTaskFromTaskItemInternal(Task task, TaskItem taskItem)
at SynchLib.TaskProcessor.createTaskFromTaskItem(TaskItem taskItem)
at SynchLib.StateCreatedOnOutlook.Process()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.processContextStates(List`1 contexts)
nealfortin

I am having the same problem. Was a fix found that can be posted?

This message was edited Oct 03, 2008.
keef

What version of the client are you running? Please make sure that you are using the latest version.

keef
nealfortin

I uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version and the sync appears to be working fine again.
keef

Thanks for the feedback.

I think most upgrade issues are caused by people not uninstalling the older version first. I need to do some research to overcome this requirement - hopefully I can fix this in a future release.

keef
keef

Posted: Oct 05, 2008
Posted by chetan:
I'm having the same issue with a task created in Outlook not syncing with Toodledo.

Here's the problem trace info:
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : TaskProcessor:createTaskFromTaskItem(): creating Toodledo task from Outlook Task [Proposal for Mount Storm]
SyncApp.exe Warning: 0 : SynchLib: processContextStates() Error processing item Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at SynchLib.TaskProcessor.setDefaultTaskContext(Task task, TaskItem item)
at SynchLib.TaskProcessor.updateTaskFromTaskItemInternal(Task task, TaskItem taskItem)
at SynchLib.TaskProcessor.createTaskFromTaskItem(TaskItem taskItem)
at SynchLib.StateCreatedOnOutlook.Process()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.processContextStates(List`1 contexts)

This issue seems to be related to the new default context option. Do you have any contexts set up on Toodledo?
Have you tried playing with the default context option to see if things improve?
keef

Edit: I've released a new version that should fix the cause of this. Sorry for stuff up
keef

This message was edited Oct 05, 2008.
chetan

Thanks! The new version did fix the syncing issue. Well done! The tech support for this free tool is better than most paid applications. Bravo!
keef

Thanks, but to be fair most paid tools will have less release bugs because they can afford testers, beta programs etc. I really appreciate the patience that you guys show when I make a mistake - especially as I know that task syncing has a huge impact on people's daily productivity :)

keef

This message was edited Oct 05, 2008.
zobell

Posted: Oct 07, 2008
I am having the same issue. I do not have any default contexts. I have downloaded the latest version, uninstalled old version, even rebooted, reinstalled - but I am not getting any of my existing tasks through.

They were all there - now they are gone. If I add a new one - it does show up.

Any suggestions?
keef

Posted: Oct 07, 2008
Posted by zobell:
I am having the same issue. I do not have any default contexts. I have downloaded the latest version, uninstalled old version, even rebooted, reinstalled - but I am not getting any of my existing tasks through.

They were all there - now they are gone. If I add a new one - it does show up.

Any suggestions?

What happens if you edit an existing tasks. Does the update get sent?

If you are still having problems mail me a trace log at developer(at)chromadrake.com and I'll try and help you out

This message was edited Oct 07, 2008.
dnollan

Posted: Oct 23, 2008
I get a different error message, it reads:

Error during synchronization: Your server administrator has limited the number of items you can open simultaneously. Try closing messages you have opened or removing attachments and images from unsent messages you are composing.

Any thoughts?
keef

Posted: Oct 23, 2008
Do you have a large number of tasks?

I think that this is due to a limit in the Outlook API regarding how many tasks it can access. Try deleting some of your completed tasks to see if that helps.

Keef
dnollan

Posted: Oct 24, 2008
Keef,

Thank you! Your hunch is correct. I had over 1,000 completed tasks. After deleting them, the sync worked perfectly.

Right on!
jessica.boore

Posted: Apr 07, 2009
I know this posting is a bit old so I am not sure if I will get a reply, but I am having the same issue. I am not getting my existing tasks to sync to the web or to my iPhone anymore (used to work). I deleted all of my completed tasks. I upgraded to the most recent version (uninstalled existing version first). I created a new task in Outlook and that came over fine. So, I tried doing a small edit to a bunch of my tasks - adding a carriage return, removing one, etc...those did not come over. I am getting this message: Error processing item Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Please help!

Thanks,
Jessica
keef

Posted: Apr 07, 2009
It sounds like your sync database has become corrupted.

I'd back up your Outlook and Toodledo tasks, delete all of your Toodledo tasks (using the account settings pans) and then use the recover tab on the sync application to reset your database.

keef
jessica.boore

Posted: Apr 08, 2009
That worked! Thank you so much for your help and responding so quickly!!! :) I was lost without this product!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.