ForumsDevelopersOutlook Client 0.9.8.8 is Available

Outlook Client 0.9.8.8 is Available
keef

Posted: Sep 22, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
A new version of the Outlook Synchronization Client for Toodledo is available at http://www.chromadrake.com

This update includes the following changes:

-Fixed a bug where a change to the Outlook category of a task would not be synched to Toodledo
-Fixed a bug where the application would keep an instance of Outlook.EXE open at all times
-Fixed a bug where the application would need to be restarted if it could not initialize the connection to Outlook on the first try
-Fixed a bug where the application would need to be restarted if it could not authenticate with Toodledo on the first try
-Fixed a bug where changes to Account settings would not take effect immediately
-Improved the detection and error reporting for authentication issues
-Changed the 'tdfolder' user property to show the ID rather than the name of the Toodledo folder a task is synched to
-Enhanced operation of the 'tdcontext' user property in Outlook. This field will now allow you to set and adjust the name of the
Toodledo context a task should be synched to. The value of this field must exactly match the name of the context.
-Enhanced the synchronization to include the Toodledo 'length' field. This field is synched to the 'Total Work' field in Outlook
-Changed authentication token refresh time to 4 hours to match Toodledo API recommendations

Enjoy
keef

There is now an RSS feed for news about this software http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/rss/newsfeed.xml
dhingrasachin

Posted: Sep 23, 2008
I cannot get past the first run stage!!
I have the unique ID and the correct password.
I have tried both non-proxy and proxy settings.
Also fixed the firewall settings. Any ideas?
menza

I had the same problem. Where can I download the older version?
keef

Did you upgrade without first shutting down and unistalling the previous version?
Try this:
Close the app
Uninstall it
Reboot
Download and resinstall the latest version.

keef
dhingrasachin

I never had the older version. This the first time I'm trying to use this app. I have already restarted the PC, still no luck!
keef

Are you trying to use your Toodledo login instead of the unique ID that appeaars in the account settings panel?
Another common mistake is that people accidentally copy a space or two when they cut and paste the unique ID from the web site.
Failing that, there may be more information in the trace log file,
C:\Program Files\Chromatic Dragon\Toodledo Sync Application\syncapp.log
keef
mobicom

Posted: Sep 24, 2008
I don't know if it's just me but I'm getting frequent authentication errors with new version. They probably occur every hour or two and resolve by restarting the sync app.
dhingrasachin

Posted by keef:
Are you trying to use your Toodledo login instead of the unique ID that appeaars in the account settings panel?
Another common mistake is that people accidentally copy a space or two when they cut and paste the unique ID from the web site.
Failing that, there may be more information in the trace log file,
C:\Program Files\Chromatic Dragon\Toodledo Sync Application\syncapp.log
keef

It worked from my home PC..so I'm guessing it has to something to do with the proxy settings or network firewall at work...Any suggestions on how to setup proxy correctly?

Thanks for all the help
Rob

As mobicom reports above, I'm also getting frequent authentication efforts. Quitting and restarting the application resolves the problem.

On the good side, Outlook now exits just fine!
keef

This seems to be a bug introduced in the new release I'm afraid.

The authentication issues may be due to the fact that I've increased the token cache time in line with a recent update to the Toodledo API. Can anyone give me an idea of how long it takes for this issue to crop up after the application is started?

Also, instead of restarting the application does re-entering your account details in the Account panel fix the issue?
keef
dlester

Posted: Sep 25, 2008
I have the same problem. Re-entering account details is the workaround. Seems to occur on a daily basis.
keef

Posted: Sep 25, 2008
So, does that means the error occurs on average once every 24 hours - or is it more frequent?

keef
dlester

Posted: Sep 26, 2008
Hard to tell but I sense it is more frequent - perhaps every 2-3 hours?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.