ForumsDevelopersOutlook Client 0.9.9.1 is Available

Outlook Client 0.9.9.1 is Available
keef

Posted: Nov 17, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
A new version of the Outlook Synchronization Client for Toodledo is available at http://www.chromadrake.com

This fixes some minor bugs and adds some new features

Added an option to keep a single instance of Outlook running in the background instead of creating an instance for each sync
Added garbage collection to reduce errors caused by large number of completed tasks
Fixed inability to clear Toodledo start dates and due dates from Outlook once set
Fixed URL encoding , including support for '#' characters
Mapped Outlook reminder time to Toodledo due time
Added 'tdparent' user property to show subtask relationships
Fixed bug where manual credentials could not be specified when using default proxy address
Added domain name support to proxy credential

keef

There is an RSS feed for news about this software http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/rss/newsfeed.xml
Rob

Keef,

New version won't run for me at all (XP Pro, Outlook 2007). Error message when trying to start says the following:

Fatal error initializing user:Could not load type 'OutlookClientLib.IOutlookSettingsProvider' from assembly 'OutlookClientLib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Help!
Rob

This message was edited Nov 17, 2008.
DrLaban

Hi keef!

It's nice to see you gave subtasks a shot and I'd like to feedback on it! What I have done in Outlook 2003:

I have made a new Custom view containing the following:

Fields: Subject, Categories, tdparent
Grouped by: Categories, tdparent

This is an example of a result I get:
Categories: MyCategory (4 items)
-tdparent: 7284576 (3 items)
--task 1
--task 2
--task 3
-tdparent: 7283942 (parent) (1 item)
--task 4

This is looking very promising. If there is a way to get the name of the tdparent, it would be even closer to the goal I'm after.

I am a bit short on time at the moment, but when I get online again I'll look into what I can gather from the update and see if I can give you some more feedback on it.

Really great to see that you're willing to help out!

Rob

New version is now working fine for me; sorry for my earlier post. I didn't exit Outlook before installing, and I didn't unintall the previous version. Oops.

Rob
DrLaban

I've grabbed a screenshot of my tasklist in Outlook to give you a better clue of what I'm experiencing.
I'll try and explain to you what I'm trying to accomplish.
I've groupd my tasks by Categories (that's how my Folders are listed in Toodledo).
Then I group by tdparent, as that's how subtasks relate to categories. Now, as you can see everything is fine and dandy so far, I'm not very concerned about the labeling of the tdparents yet, I'm glad it actually seems to work quite well.
There is one side effect though.
If you look at the Category "Bolaget" you will notice three tdparents. These parents contain one task each. The thing is, in this case these tasks only really belongs to the current category in Toodledo.
If I'm understanding this phenomenon right, Toodledo handles each task as a parent, which means the parent property is transfered as well.
I do not know if it is poosible to adjust this behaviour through the sync tool or if this could be something that Toodledo has to look into.

DrLaban

And here is another phenomenon that I found. Each (parent) item has at least one child, but I can't really figure out how to bunch them together.
keef

At the moment the tdparent field shows the task id of the parent task for sub tasks and '<task id> (parent)' for parent tasks. In other words the tdparent field of a parent task will show its own id.

The idea here was to allow you to sort by the parentid field and ensure that parent and sub tasks would be grouped together. The alternative was to leave the parentid field blank for parent tasks, which would have made grouping them with their sub tasks very difficult.

I usually use the 'By Category' view and sort on the tdparent field.

Cheers

keef

This message was edited Nov 18, 2008.
DrLaban

Posted: Nov 18, 2008
Well what do you know, that works quite well! I knew you had a planned thought about how this was supposed to be used in practice.

If possible, a thought on trying to achieve projects and subprojects would be;
[Subject] | [Project] | [Subproject]
Buy pipes | Build house | Plumbing
Buy wrench | Build house | Plumbing
Get nails | Build house | Roofing

This way, it is possible to group by first Project, then Subproject.
By the way, is this possible to achieve today by an Outlook view? I haven't found a final way yet, but the changes to the sync tool is getting there.

This message was edited Nov 18, 2008.
sventhebrit

Hi Keef,

This is a great Sync Tool and I have been using it daily for the last 2/3 weeks with no problems. I upgraded to v0.9.9.1 yesterday and had a strange behaviour which caused some of my tasks to duplicate. To upgrade, I simply un-installed v0.9.9.0, installed v0.9.9.1 and then syncronised. I think there is a sync limit of 20 tasks per normal sync as I ended up with 40 duplicates after a couple of syncs. This was easily sorted and everything has been working fine today. Can you advise how I should do the upgrade to prevent this happening in the future. Should I do something different?

Also one thing I noticed today. If I create a task in Outlook 2003 and don't assign a due date, then it defaults to 31Dec,1969 on the Toodledo website. I hadn't noticed with previous versions, but I must admit I normally assign a due date in Outlook.

Thanks once again for a great Outlook Sync Tool
Steve
keef

Posted by sventhebrit:
> Should I do something different?

Did you remember to shut the app down before upgrading? If so then I don;t kno wwhat went rong for you I'm afraid. let me know if you are still getting duplicates

and don't assign a due date, then it defaults to 31Dec,1969 on the Toodledo website.

Damn, sounds like a bug in the code to clear due dates that I added. I'll check this out ASAP

keef
tainsky

When I try to run the toodledo sync tool from the startup folder I keep getting "Fatal error initializing user:Font '?' cannot be found."
Any ideas? I'm running 64-bit vista.

Thanks
sventhebrit

Posted: Nov 19, 2008
Thanks Keef for the comments. I am going to download the patch and retry. I will let you know if I run into further duplicate problems.
Cheers
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted: Nov 19, 2008
I was going to try in the morning - but thought I would try the patch tonight. All looks OK - no duplicates and the tasks with no date set created in outlook trasfer to the Toodledo Website OK.

I did a final sync, stopped the application, Unistalled using Add/Remove Programs, Installed the patched v0.9.9.1, manually started and then performed a sync -- no duplicates. Tried a 2nd sync just in case. Not sure what happened last time -- probably operator error !!!

Thanks for the great sync tool.

Steve
tooskysea

Posted: Dec 01, 2008
Thanks for this great application!

I love the idea of matching outlook reminder time to due time of this latest version of Toodledo. However, I find that the AM and PM are reversely shown on my Toodledo (Vs my Outlook)!!!!

I already set my time correctly in settings of my Toodledo on web, and this is the same as my time on my PC (which is GMT+8). Can you help check?
keef

Posted: Dec 01, 2008
Hmm,
Sounds like another bug. I'll look into it.
keef
gkumar

Posted: Dec 03, 2008
I love the syncing between outlook reminder and due time as well. The AM/PM is switched. Will there be an update soon? Thanks again for the awesome, awesome work that makes Toodledoo 100x better.
bdjohnson79

Posted: Dec 10, 2008
I'm having a problem getting the client to install and get the first sync going on my work PC. When I try to configure the proxy server, I got the following errors (note: I don't have and cannot get admin rights on this PC):

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: An error occurred loading a configuration file: Access to the path 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config' is denied. (c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config) ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.StaticOpenStreamForRead(String streamName)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigHost.O penStreamForRead(String streamName, Boolean assertPermissions)
at System.Configuration.Internal.DelegatingConfigHost.OpenStreamForRead(String streamName, Boolean assertPermissions)
at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ClientSettingsConfigurationHost.OpenStreamForRead(String streamName)
at System.Configuration.UpdateConfigHost.OpenStreamForRead(String streamName)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.ComponentModel.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.SetValue(Object component, Object value)
at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.PerformAutoUpdates(Boolean tabbedInto)
at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.set_Checked(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
cdkennedy

Posted: Dec 11, 2008
Does this sync tool sync multiple categoies per task?
gkumar

Yes it does (via Folders)

This message was edited Dec 11, 2008.
jmeyer21

I'm trying to install this now and keep getting a message from outlook that a program is trying to access my email addresses. What is this for?

This message was edited Dec 11, 2008.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.