ForumsDevelopersExcessive API usage issues

Excessive API usage issues
Juan Lupión

Posted: Nov 28, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
My web app is trying to add many tasks at once --they are ingredients from lists of recipes-, and I'm being hit with the "Excessive API usage".

The idea is allowing the user to hit a button and have all the ingredients from the selected recipes added at the users' Toodledo account in a special folder. How can avoid hitting the API limit, as I may be instantly trying to add 50 tasks? (Certainly more than 2 tasks added in a minute)

On the other hand, this application is for personal user only -there will be only one user (me) and only one Toodledo account accessed (mine)-. I don't know if I can apply for a AppID and ask to disable rate limiting for a toy app.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 29, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
In the future we will have a way to add multiple tasks with one API call. In the meantime, you can keep track of when you hit the API limit and then wait and submit the rest of the ingredients at a later time. Or, you could get yourself an AppID and request that your limits be removed. If you are only 1 user, we will lift the limits since your usage won't make a difference to our servers. The limit is really there for inefficient applications with thousands of users.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.