ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsWho is interested in a Toodledo first party android app?

Who is interested in a Toodledo first party android app?
VandVisX

Posted: Apr 11, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I am not a developer, but just wanted to get a feel for how many people out there want a Toodledo published app for Android?

I didn't see a similar thread going anywhere else and wasn't really sure where to put this one. Just leave a quick "me too" or "+1" if you want to be counted.
Beaker_42

Posted: Apr 11, 2011
me too

&

+ 1
marius.eggerud

Posted: Apr 12, 2011
+1
jzamoras

+1
Dave

+1
kikimaier

+1
fenix

Posted: Apr 14, 2011
I
Lotussteve

Posted: Apr 15, 2011
Hello!

+1

Thx,

Ciao,

Steve
AJS

Have to say that the apps I've used are pretty good already, GTD and Ultimate do a pretty good job, and there are other 3rd party apps as well. It's the web app itself which could do with a few changes for me.
amart

+1

You could do something with Got To Do since Andy has stopped developing it.
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/10090/0/announcement-future-of-gottodo-for-android.html
clango

Posted: Apr 17, 2011
+1
VandVisX

Posted: Apr 17, 2011
Posted by AJS:
Have to say that the apps I've used are pretty good already, GTD and Ultimate do a pretty good job, and there are other 3rd party apps as well. It's the web app itself which could do with a few changes for me.

I really liked GTD, but Andy quit developing it and it's been pulled off the market, so it will only be available as long as you've got it installed on your phone.

Ultimate is what I'm using now. It's pretty good, but the interface is clunky and not very good looking.
matt

Posted: Apr 20, 2011
Posted by teresa.amar:
+1

You could do something with Got To Do since Andy has stopped developing it.
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/10090/0/announcement-future-of-gottodo-for-android.html

+1 and agree with the suggestion. I'm currently a Got To Do user and would be happy to see it continue, especially if someone could take it to the next level (better widgets, Honeycomb support, etc).
rjlh60

Posted: Apr 21, 2011
Posted by matt:

+1 and agree with the suggestion. I'm currently a Got To Do user and would be happy to see it continue, especially if someone could take it to the next level (better widgets, Honeycomb support, etc).

+1 - Still using Got To Do and would like to see it continue to improve

This message was edited Apr 21, 2011.
Saverio

Posted: Apr 22, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Hello everyone,

I'm a developer with a strong interest in Android and I could continue developing Got To Do: What do you think about it?

Do you want to support me to convince Andy to make available this application?
mamoooth

+1

I'm new to Toodledo and an Android user. I have been using
the slim web page of Toodledo. But obviously it's annoying to work with.
mamoooth

.. and I've seen some comments that 3rd. apps could have problems with synchronization. If this is the case, this makes them no option. Because obviously I need something that I fully trust :) i.e., I shouldn't worry about any tasks which are not synced properly or anything like that.
Hartl

Posted: Apr 26, 2011
+1

I'm very interested. My current Pro Plus subscription will expire in September. And if there is still no Toodledo Android App available I will not extend my subscription any more.
ben

Posted by Hartl:
+1

I'm very interested. My current Pro Plus subscription will expire in September. And if there is still no Toodledo Android App available I will not extend my subscription any more.

Hartl, there are several Toodledo sync capable Android apps. I am using Due Today, I have a coworker friend that is using Ultimate Todo list. I started out with GotToDo, it was the first, and was sad to see the posting about not being continued. I jumped on Due Today as they are now working on integration with Pure Calendar Widget (highly recommend, aggregates all of the calendars you choose into one comprehensive view) which allows calendar events to show up from toodle do in my calendar list.

I'm not sure threatening to abandon a paid subscription (how your post comes accross to me) is very motivating. Toodledo is a wonderful tool, it is also a business. Android is making great strides in market penetration but when you comare to what is available to iOS, phone, touch, pad, the numbers really don't add up. Application development costs money, doing it well takes time and talent. I would much rather see continued development in the core of Toodledo cloud service and continued partnerships with 3rd parties for the various platforms, it's a win win. Just my 2 cents.
ben

Posted by mamoooth:
.. and I've seen some comments that 3rd. apps could have problems with synchronization. If this is the case, this makes them no option. Because obviously I need something that I fully trust :) i.e., I shouldn't worry about any tasks which are not synced properly or anything like that.

The world we live in is complicated. Paper and pencil has its own pitfalls. Toodledo as a service has experience its own sets of issues on occasion, we learn, we pick up the pieces, we improve and we move on. To expect 100% trustworthy perfection is asking for disappointment. I agree with your sentament that our productivity tools should be reliable however i'm also realistic that things do happen.

When trying new tools / methods you might consider backing your data up prior to trying the new software. This is exactly the approach I took when I installed Due Today last week. So far so good, doesn't mean I won't experience issues in the future but at least now I have a working scrollable widget on my Evo (soon to have Pure Calendra integration) and it works on my Xoom as well. (oh and I learne dhow to export my data from Toodledo) 4 steps forward...

BTW the author of Due Today, Chris, appears to be very responsive to enhancement requests, I have not had the experience personally but watching his interaction with other folks lead me to believe that he is interested making his product as viable as possible for as many people as possible.

This message was edited Apr 26, 2011.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.