ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsTaskAngel not syncing correctly with Toodledo

TaskAngel not syncing correctly with Toodledo
danhanson

Posted: Apr 15, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I'm a new user of both Toodledo and TaskAngel. I have TaskAngel installed on both my work laptop and home desktop. It is the trial version TaskAngel 1.7 Build 471. The reason I am using TaskAngel is that Toodledo is just too slow to update if I use it directly, and the TaskAngel interface is very nice and quick.

Imported 1700 tasks into Toodledo using the CSV format. On TaskAngel (laptop) I edited my imported list of tasks down to about 1200 current and future tasks. the other 500 I marked complete and deleted. Made some new tasks, new projects, new contexts, new tags, deleted some projects.

When I synced back with Toodledo, the new project names and contexts all uploaded to Toodledo. But all the deleted tasks came back into TaskAngel, brought down on the sync. In addition many of the newly added tasks with new project names had their project names stripped from them in TaskAngel, and all the previously deleted tasks came back with no project names. This led to a list of about 500 tasks, most of which were junk, but some of which were new, all mixed together with no project names. So it had to be sorted through one by one.

How can I fix this sync? It should work that if I make a change on TaskAngel, the change is mirrored on Toodledo after the Sync. Whatever change is made latest by timestamp should take priority.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan
danhanson

Posted: Apr 17, 2011
Not getting any replies, so I'll post the workaround I came up with. I was already using Dropbox to sync files between work and home computers. Taskangel conveniently saves all its task information in an xml file, which can be set to any location. I just set the xml file location to a folder in Dropbox for both installations of TaskAngel. Everytime a task change is made TaskAngel saves the xml file, so the updated file then triggers Dropbox to sync.

The risk is that I won't remember to close the home computer installation of TA before opening the work computer installation or vice versa and will be working with an old xml file. So I'd really like Toodledo to sync as designed. Any ideas?
kikimaier

Posted: Apr 21, 2011
You should go to the TaskAngel website...the developers have helped me in the past when I filled out a support request: http://www.mypocketsoft.com/taskangel/support.aspx
tom

Posted: Apr 23, 2011
Hello,

I am very sorry that you are having problems with TaskAngel, and am sorry that I have missed this message.
I will investigate your problem and get back to you as soon as I can with a fix.

Regards,
Tom
MyPocketSoft.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.