ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsDoes Chromatic Dragon work with outlook 2010?

Does Chromatic Dragon work with outlook 2010?
oakleypark10

Posted: Jun 13, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Just been given an Iphone by work and lost my BB so really missing outlook task seamless integration.

Have downloaded Toodledo to my iphone but finding the sync between Chromatic dragon and Outlook 2010 erratic. Its not sysncing from Tooledo to Outlook?
Eric

The first sync needs more time than one would expect.

Did you check Chromadrake´s trouble shooting page:
http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncFaq.aspx
oakleypark10

Gave it a kick and working fine. Testing 2 products on iphone, Tooledo and ToDo. At the moment Tooledo seems to be winning as it gives a start date option for a task and more options within and syncing notes and yes using chromatic dragon syncing fine with outlook 2010
Eric

Hi okleypark10,

now could you please do the following test:

1. Add a new test task on your iphone in the Toodledo app with a due time but without a reminder.

2. Sync to Outlook 2010 on your desktop (which operating system do you use?).

3. Please check:
Does Outlook 2010 have not only a due date for tasks but a due time as well?
Does the synced test task have a reminder time now in Outlook?

Thank you very much in advance!
Eric
oakleypark10

Posted by Eric:
Hi okleypark10,

now could you please do the following test:

1. Add a new test task on your iphone in the Toodledo app with a due time but without a reminder.

2. Sync to Outlook 2010 on your desktop (which operating system do you use?).

3. Please check:
Does Outlook 2010 have not only a due date for tasks but a due time as well?
Does the synced test task have a reminder time now in Outlook?

Thank you very much in advance!
Eric

Eric,

Set a task with due date, due time and start date and it synced perfectly to Outlook 2010.

The 'due time' syncs through as the reminder time, also within Toodeldo there is no 'reminder time' option. Not sure what the 'alarm' option is for in Toodledo?

Sorry using Windows 7

This message was edited Jun 13, 2011.
Eric

Hi oakleypark10,

Not sure what the 'alarm' option is for in Toodledo?
That is the reminder function in Toodledo! You can set it to remind you a specified period of time (1 min, 15 min, 30 min, 45 min, 60 min, 90 min, 2 hrs, 3 hrs, 4 hrs, 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/14/30 days) before the due time. If you haven´t set a due time, it will remind you by an alarm at 12 o´clock on the due date.

The 'due time' syncs through as the reminder time
Ok, the same here. Thank you for testing and confirming!

I was accustomed to sort the sequence of the tasks by due date and due time which seems most rational to me and is possible on Toodledo´s website as well (also alphabetically, by context, date added, date completed, date modified, folder, importance, length, tag and timer).

Unfortunately on Toodledo´s website you can´t sort tasks by start date and start time. So apparently I have to get accustomed to unwanted reminders in Outlook which for some unknown reason does not use due time.

within Toodledo there is no 'reminder time' option
There is: Go to "Tools & Services" in the left menu, then "Reminders/Alarms". Pro subscribers can customize the alarms on a task-by-task basis with lead times anywhere from 15 minutes to 7 days prior to the due date.
oakleypark10

Eric,

To be honest I am a heavy user of Outlook itself for tasks and am only using Toodledo as a medium as you can't have native integration with outlook on an iphone(grrrr). So what happens on the web is of no interest as I don't use the web for tasks. It is critical for me that what I see on the iphone iwth the toodledo app mirrors outlook which it does so am very happy.

I sort my task by category, then start date and then reminder time.

I actually wrote a very positive review on the app store of Toodledo today as I was so pleased!
Eric

Yes, Toodledo app is very good!

And sync from and to Outlook works perfectly. You just have to keep in mind that reminder time in Outlook becomes due time on the iphone and vice versa.

What about acoustic reminder sounds in Outlook. Do you have them activated and do you like them?
oakleypark10

Posted: Jun 14, 2011
I don't use the sounds in Outlook itself, I prefer just using the reminder window which pops up.

On the iPhone itself does the app pop up any reminders or is it a case of checking the app manually?
Eric

Posted: Jun 15, 2011
Now I found where to disactivate the annoying reminder sound in my Outlook 2007, thank you very much!

When an alarm is set in the iphone app and the iphone itself is set to silent mode, I get a short vibration and a text reminder popping up. When not in silent mode there will probably be an additional sound.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.