ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsStill no native android app?

Still no native android app?
nathanb131

Posted: Jan 04, 2012
Score: 3 Reference
I don't understand why you are choosing to use RTM specifically because Toodledo doesn't have it's own branded app.

Is it because you are looking for ALL features to translate to the mobile experience?

Is it because you don't want to pay for a separate app if you are already a paying premium customer?

It's not my intention to be trolling here, I'm honestly just trying to understand it to know if I'm missing something.

The ONLY reason I use toodledo is because of the customization options. The online experience is ok but there are other websites that are a better online UI (like Wunderlist, RTM, Producteev, etc). If I want an easier-but-SIMPLER system then I wouldn't be here.

I understand if you don't like the idea of the mobile app to be missing some features of the online app. But even so, isn't it STILL far more features than the alternatives?

As a made up example, lets say RTM has 12 features you like in terms of different fields to tweak, organization methods, etc. So their mobile app has all 12. Awesome. But compared to RTM, Toodledo has 18 features you'd want in an 'ideal' system. There might not be an official mobile app syncing ALL 18, but there's a handful that are still more than the 12 max that you'd have with an RTM-mobile combo.

I use Ultimate To-Do list and find that the syncing is rock solid and it actually has a better UI than the web-site. I haven't personally ran across a feature that isn't matched. Especially since it supports custom views. Reading this thread has shown me that the 'due-after' function isn't supported. Never even knew that existed until now. I'm finding it hard to imagine why I'd personally use that instead of 'start date' but that's cool if someone values it. But what OTHER service even has that in it's main offering, let alone mobile?

Also, in my experience, there are a lot of services who's 'official' mobile app is way worse than some 3rd party options. A few examples for me would be Outlook syncing, Google Calendar, Picasa. I'd be willing to bet that if Toodledo ever did release an android version that I wouldn't like it nearly as much as UTL or DueToday. Maybe it'd be the best but I doubt it, based on how mediocre their web interface is!
clango

Posted: Jan 06, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Unfortunately the slim website is so far from the main web toodledo site you cannot use as the main website. I use UTL, after Got To Do but I' really appreciate a Toodledo for Android because it would have behind a common vision, philosopy therefore the same features.

Posted by bert.t.wu:
like all of you, i would love to see a native android app. in the meantime, i'm using the slim website. i have it bookmarked in my android browser and have a bookmark widget on my home screen. the widget uses the toodledo logo for the icon, so it feels like an actual app, except for the web page load times.
Lotussteve

Posted: Jan 09, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Hey there!

I´ve got pretty good results with DGT GTD, where i also had contact with the very responsive developer!

Maybe have a look:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dg.gtd.android.lite&feature=search_result
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dg.gtd.toodledo.demo&feature=search_result

HTH,

Ciao,

Steve
alex

Posted: Jan 11, 2012
Score: 2 Reference
I also like the DGT GTD, but I think they need a new name.
Can't seem to remember the name, and get the letters mixed up.

Anyway, the app together with the Sync app, and the Widget(which is not free, but cheap) work great for me.

I have one issue, but that is not with the app, but with Tags on the Toodledo webinterface.
Lotussteve

Posted: Jan 12, 2012
Posted by alex:
Anyway, the app together with the Sync app, and the Widget(which is not free, but cheap) work great for me.

Hello!

To which widget are you referring to, because DGT GTD brings some very good widgets with it, for free?!

Ciao,

Steve
alex

Posted: Jan 19, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
Posted by emperorlotus:
Posted by alex:

Hello!

To which widget are you referring to, because DGT GTD brings some very good widgets with it, for free?!

Ciao,

Steve

Yes I am talking about the "Pure calendar" addon with DGT-GTD

That way we support the maker of DGT a bit for his excellent work:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dg.gtd.plugin.pure&hl=en
smatics

Posted: Jan 27, 2012
I wanted to chime in here with praise for DGT-GTD. I purchased and have been using Ultimate To-Do List Tablet for the past year on a Nook Color running CM-7, and although it has worked well, I could never really get used to the UI.

This week I gave DGT-GTD a go after reading positive reviews in this thread. All I have to say is Wow! The UI is clean and logical, and syncing so far has been flawless. I use notebooks a lot and I really like the way it handles notes, and even includes mark-up inserters for bold, italics and underline.

Even though this is listed as "Alpha" version for the app, and "Beta" for the ToodleDo syncing app, these are more polished and reliable that just about any Android apps I've tried. It looks like more features are planned, but is very usable as-is.

I like it so much that I made a donation to the developer, something I've never done for a free app.

(I will say that since this is a pre-release product, I do daily XML backup's of ToodleDo, just to be on the safe side)
jiafangtao

Posted: Feb 17, 2012
I've been used toodledo for years. It's sad that some of you are going to leave because there is no official android app. There are some android apps free over there, do they meet your requirements?
Kafkeano

Posted: Feb 28, 2012
Posted by smatics:
I wanted to chime in here with praise for DGT-GTD. I purchased and have been using Ultimate To-Do List Tablet for the past year on a Nook Color running CM-7, and although it has worked well, I could never really get used to the UI.

This week I gave DGT-GTD a go after reading positive reviews in this thread. All I have to say is Wow! The UI is clean and logical, and syncing so far has been flawless. I use notebooks a lot and I really like the way it handles notes, and even includes mark-up inserters for bold, italics and underline.

Even though this is listed as "Alpha" version for the app, and "Beta" for the ToodleDo syncing app, these are more polished and reliable that just about any Android apps I've tried. It looks like more features are planned, but is very usable as-is.

I like it so much that I made a donation to the developer, something I've never done for a free app.

(I will say that since this is a pre-release product, I do daily XML backup's of ToodleDo, just to be on the safe side)

I was using DGT but now I'm trying Ultimate... Why do you think DGT is better?

Thanks ;)
smatics

Posted: Feb 28, 2012
Posted by Kafkeano:

I was using DGT but now I'm trying Ultimate... Why do you think DGT is better?

Thanks ;)

For me, it is the user interface that I really like in DGT. I use this primarily on a Nook Color running CM7.1. DGT gives me a really nice looking full pane with multiple views. Ultimate's UI is a split screen affair, and doing anything in it seems to take 3 times longer for me. As for functionality between the two, I believe they are equivalent, at least for what I use.

DGT is listed at "Alpha" and the sync plugin at "Beta", but I have had zero problems and I assume that the developer will be adding more features.

Scott
Kafkeano

Posted: Feb 29, 2012
Ok thank you very much!
kevin.ponds

Posted: Apr 17, 2012
I moved from Toodledo on an Iphone3g to now trying to find a 3rd party for a new android phone (samsung skyrocket). So far I have found nothing that allows me to email tasks to subordinates from my phone which I did quite a bit walking the factory floor and seeing issues. Presently I am adding tasks to toodledo via toodle tasks and then working those tasks from my desktop PC so I can email those tasks to the people I have them assinged to (I have folders setup for my peeps)- very much a time suck.

I am debating leaving toodledo or either swapping out the android for an iphone 4S which I really don't want to do.
Dave

Posted: Apr 18, 2012
@kevin.ponds - Due Today does the best job on emailing tasks since it includes the most info from the task itself. DGT GTD has this features as well. UTD is getting it pretty soon I believe.
YEYE1977

Posted: Apr 26, 2012
Hi,

I'm the developer of toodleTasks. I recently ported my app from webos to android (and blackberry). If you are looking for a clean interface and support for all the majors toodledo features you can take a look at my app at www.prodisoft.ch
Karlo_

Posted: Apr 30, 2012
So there is no plan at all to develop a native android app?

Thanks

edit: nevermind, i just found the "we want an official android app" thread.

This message was edited Apr 30, 2012.
johnwin

Posted: Oct 15, 2012
Posted by YEYE1977:
Hi,
<span>
I'm the developer of toodleTasks. I recently ported my app from webos to android (and blackberry). If you are looking for a clean interface and support for all the majors toodledo features you can take a look at my app at www.prodisoft.ch</span>

Hi YEYE1977 - I love the look of toodleTasks on my Nexus 7 tablet. But I really struggle to find my way around the interface. Is there a guide or a video tutorial anywhere?

Thanks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.