ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsMac Android recommendations and issues

Mac Android recommendations and issues
starless

Posted: Jan 02, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Hi, I'm new to Toodledo, I'm now trying to use it as a "bridge" to keep tasks in sync between my Android mobile phone and my Mac, as I couldn't find any other reliable and friendly way to do it.

On the Mac side I'm using Appigo Sync to sync with iCal, so that I don't need to keep another application open.

On Android I'm using DGT GTD, it's in alpha stage but has good comments and a nice enough interface.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Comments, suggestions, better applications to suggest?

In my first tests I only encountered one issue: when I delete a "folder" using iCal or the web GUI, the change is not synced to Android, and soon or later the folder appears again on all clients.

Thank you for any info.
jeff.templon

Posted: Jan 30, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
Hi Starless,

I liked DGT GTD, but ditched it because the sync was not perfect; I was losing tasks every once in a while.

I will post a link here below that details a search I did for a "good" cloud-based and android-compatible solution. I did not explicitly look at Mac apps, because in general they are really bad. I decided that cloud was ok when I was online, and if i had no net connection, it would be enough that I had an app on the smartphone that could deal with being disconnected.

Aside from the info on the link, both Pocket Informant and GetItDone.app are in beta right now with very interesting products. Pocket Informant syncs with Toodledo and the beta I have is just fine. Will be even more interesting to see what PocketInformant Online does.

the link

JT

This message was edited Jan 30, 2012.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.