ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsYour recommendations for 3rd party Android apps (Samsung Galaxy)

Your recommendations for 3rd party Android apps (Samsung Galaxy)
parishmin

Posted: Sep 12, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I am sold on ToodleDo for my desktop/laptop and am shopping for the app to match. I have a Galaxy S II and, if this is relevant, I do NOT use Outlook.

My main concern is seamless syncing--capturing repeating tasks, not generating dupes, etc.

What apps do folks recommend, or recommend I avoid?

Tx
Amy
Ann

Posted: Sep 13, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
I have lots of tasks repeating on a daily/weekly/monthly base.
I've tried DGT GTD, which I like very much, and the app has a very responsive developer. However, when you have repeating tasks with repeating subtasks, this app tends to duplicate the subtasks on syncing. So this is not a recommended app when you rely on repeating subtasks.
I use now the paid version of Ultimate ToDo-list, which is ugly on the first view (but looks somewhat better when you change the fontsize), but it works quite well.
Renzo Paoli

Posted: Sep 20, 2012
I would you suggest you to try Ultimate To-Do List and Due Today.

So far in extensive research i found both are the best one available for any Toodledo user looking for an Android app.

Regards

Renzo
ben

Posted: Sep 20, 2012
Posted by paoli.renzo:
I would you suggest you to try Ultimate To-Do List and Due Today.

So far in extensive research i found both are the best one available for any Toodledo user looking for an Android app.

Regards

Renzo

+1 the above along with a free app called ToodleTask which is a widget that gives you simple fast new task entry to your inbox.
daniel

Posted: Oct 15, 2012
I will also give these recommendation a try on in my Samnsung Note 2. I also know Webis is sheduling a major realease of Pocket Informant for Android aka PIA 3.0 ( currently in alpha) which will really make use of ICS+, JB . This will incl the ToodleDo sync of course as well as access the thu usual day/week/month schedules

Daniel

Posted by ben:
[quote]Posted by paoli.renzo:

<DIV class=quote>I would you suggest you to try Ultimate To-Do List and Due Today.

Regards

Renzo[/quote]

+1 the above along with a free app called ToodleTask which is a widget that gives you simple fast new task entry to your inbox.[/quote]

This message was edited Oct 15, 2012.
john_cesta

Posted: Oct 24, 2012
Pocket Informant - Galaxy Tablet and android phone
TaskUnifier on PC

All sync to toodledo

Perfect combo

John
jere_1302888852

Posted: Nov 08, 2012
My very favorite application for Android that syncs with Toodledo is Task To Do Pro, To-Do List by Dr. Achim Leubner. I have never had a problem with it and it syncs flawlessly with Toodledo. Actually, the design (the way it looks and functions on the phone) is much better than Toodledo itself so that if Toodledo ever gets it own Android app, I would probably continue to use this one. One of the things I like most about it is that you can choose to show the entire comment field on the front screen. Most of the others, and I think I have tried most all of them, will not let you do that. I do not use the paid version of Toodledo which provides for sub-tasks, and the Android program I am recommending does not support sub-tasks. So it might not be satisfactory for those who use sub-task extensively.
clango

Posted: Dec 09, 2012
I would suggest you Ultimate To Do List
dwilliams_1316803659

Posted: Dec 21, 2012
Pocket Informant is very useful.
fencepost

Posted: Jan 02, 2013
It'll be interesting to see if Pocket Informant remains a good choice for ToodleDo since they're in the process of launching their own online service.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.