ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsUsing Toodledo with Appgio ToDo and Outlook

Using Toodledo with Appgio ToDo and Outlook
fritzmom

Posted: Nov 20, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Hello All

New to this forum. I have been using Appigo's ToDo for the last few years on my iPod Touch. I also use Outlook 2010 (POP3 mail server) on my Windows Desktop PC. With Appigo's Appigo Sync conduit, I have had no problems doing bi-directional syncs between ToDo and Outlook tasks. Now I hear that Appigo is no longer going to support their sync conduit; so, no more direct syncing between iTouch and Desktop (or, I just don't update my ToDo app any more!).
Is there a way, using Toodledo, to do bi-directional syncing between my iTouch and my Windows desktop?
I'm not worried about my email since I can get it on the iTouch without using any other app. I'm not worried about my Calendars and Contacts since they automatically sync when I sync my Touch. It's just the Tasks that I need to have on both my handheld and my desktop, with the ability to sync them whenever I want/need to.
Any help anyone here can offer would be greatly appreciated.
pjlewis

Posted: Nov 20, 2012
Hi,

I'm a bit surprised to hear about this. Seems like Appigo are pushing people towards their Todo Pro paid service.......

You could use Toodledo as an intermediate, first using an outlook - Toodledo sync tool to get tasks in/out of outlook. I use a tool called Toodlesync by (I think) Climate Dragon, which is out of support, but works well.. There's a link to the kit in here somewhere. I've been running like this for years with no complaints. Then you can get Todo to sync with Toodledo. Other sync solutions are available.

If exchange is an option for you, you could look at the Appigo exchange sync tool.

Incidentally, although I have used Todo in the past, I found that once I'd made the move to Toodledo, the Toodledo IOS app was a more flexible alternative to Todo and this quickly became my app of choice on both iPhone and IPad. The Toodledo web interface is quite good too :-) I consider Toodledo to be the hub for my tasks, with outlook, iPhone and IPad and web being interfaces to that data.
pjlewis

Posted: Nov 21, 2012
fritzmom

Posted: Nov 23, 2012
pjlewis, Thanks for the link. I have downloaded the program to my PC, I'll have to try it!

Again, Much appreciated!!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.