ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsMyToodle: Aiming to be a Toodledo android client

MyToodle: Aiming to be a Toodledo android client
ykphuah

Posted: Dec 30, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
I have searched high and low for an android client, and then waited 1 year to see if anyone created it, but none satisfied my needs so far. They are either with seriously outdated user interface, or they are a todo app that syncs with Toodledo instead of being a Toodledo android client.

I love toodledo and all the features that are on the web, and I wanted an app that gives me the same experience and the same feature sets.

So I created one:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiwlm.mytoodle

It only supports > ICS, and Widgets are coming on the way, but its my daily driver currently.

Comments and feedbacks welcomed.
arpad.andrassy

Posted: Jan 02, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

I welcome the idea of an Android offline app that mirrors 100% Toodledo, and keeps updating with features whenever TD does. It would make more sense to be in-house, but third party app is as good if doing its job as expected.

I installed your app and the design is nice and minimalistic, looks similar to the Toodledo web app.

However I can't find too many features of Toodledo. I guess it's still in very early stage of development?

Keep up the good work.
ykphuah

Posted: Jan 02, 2013
Yeah, it is still in early stage of development, I am actually concentrating on the features that I use daily. Once it have widgets, it will be my daily driver.

If you meant the fields, I have most of the fields implemented, they are just not enabled by default, please go to Menu->Settings->Fields Used to turn them on!

About other toodledo features that you would like to see in the app, please leave me a note here or via email, I will keep track of them in my toodledo. :)

This message was edited Jan 03, 2013.
ykphuah

Posted: Jan 09, 2013
New version is posted, with Widgets!
Linden

Posted: Feb 08, 2013
Just tried the app out today. Here are some features I'd like to see in the roadmap:

1. More control over sync (I only want to automatically sync over WiFi)
2. Locale plugin for automation (using Llama I'd like to do things based on power status and or location etc.)
3. Support for Notifications
4. Allow notification sounds to be configurable
5. Smaller font for the widget
6. Configuration options for the widget
7. Multiple search options
ykphuah

Posted: Feb 14, 2013
Hi Linden, please drop me an email, I have plans to implement Locale plugin and also notifications, however, am gathering requirements currently.
scott.rixon

Posted: Mar 05, 2013
I'm always one to support dev.. But what did you find the issues with 'Ultimate Todo List'? I find it one of the most full featured android apps that sits very well with Toodledo.
timk

Posted: Mar 27, 2013
Well thanks for doing this. I love that you saw a need and just stepped up to fill it. Per above may I second, "notifications" on scheduled tasks (due date) being our top need. btw right now we use "ToDo Next" for it's ease of displaying by-folders
ykphuah

Posted: Mar 30, 2013
timk, I have just finished one week of own usage testing for notifications for Due tasks. I have just published version 3.0 to Play Store that includes this feature.

I now use the notification as a "Tickler" system as per GTD, instead of relying on the Widgets.

Will be updating the widget next to support location based contexts (most probably thru a Locale plugin).

Thanks all for your support.
ykphuah

Posted: Apr 14, 2013
Just pushed version 3.1, new features include Locale Plugin for changing the widget's contents. And also a simple feature to share the tasks out via Android.

Because of the new widget implementation, you will need to delete and re-add all the widgets that you have.

Comments welcomed.
ykphuah

Posted: May 17, 2013
Just pushed out version 4.0, now you can view and filter the tasks by Main, Folders, Goals, Locations, Status, Priority. Just like the "View By" feature on toodledo.com.

Support for other "View By" and also "View By" on Notes will be coming soon.

Comments welcomed.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.