ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsDesktopTodo 1.0

DesktopTodo 1.0
hfzp

Posted: May 31, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I have released 1.0 version of DesktopTodo. You can check it out here.

http://www.desktoptodo.com/2013/05/desktoptodo-10.html
http://www.desktoptodo.com/p/features.html

Summary of features :

* Modern and customizable interface on Windows Desktop with built-in themes support
* Various task organization tools : folder, context, tag, start/due date and time
* Recurring task, priority and status
* Multilevel grouping , sorting, filtering, searching
* Advanced Task grid and calendar view
* Notes (sync with Toodledo notes)
* Synchronization with Toodledo service : automated on interval/start/exit or manually triggered

For those of you from 0.9.2 version. Here's the detailed changes since then :
* fix layout issues on calendar tab where the view selection bar does not fill the whole width
* fix grouping always collapsed when switched to Notes

Thanks,

Hafiz

This message was edited May 31, 2013.
Peter S...

Posted: May 31, 2013
Hafiz,

Nice work. Very smooth and attractive. Syncs well.

In order for me to consider regular use though, one feature still missing: option to hide future tasks, deferred tasks, and negative priority tasks. Particularly future tasks (those with start dates in the future).

Thanks!
hfzp

Posted: Jun 01, 2013
Hi Peter,

Thank you. More show/hide tasks features are on my todo list for next versions, including recently added/edited, etc.

In the meantime, the task view has advanced filtering capabilities that you can use for most of your needs. You can filter the priority/status/date by hover on the field header (it will then show filtering icon) and click on the filtering icon. It will shows some pre-defined filter you can choose or you can choose (Custom) to popup advanced query filter dialog. You can select query (equal, larger, etc..) and the selection value.

Hafiz

This message was edited Jun 01, 2013.
Peter S...

Thanks for the reply Hafiz,

I am trying the custom filter without good luck. Specifying that the start date is equal or greater to today hides tasks with start dates in the future (seems backwards, but it works), but it also hides tasks with no start date. If I specify to show tasks where start date is blank, it does not show them. If I specify to show tasks where start date is non-blank, it shows everything including blanks. Odd. Here is an example:

This message was edited Jun 01, 2013.
Peter S...

Hafiz,

I will add that yours is the most promising for me thus far. Grouping by context with some visual indication of separation between the groups seems like a basic feature that would be expected. I can't seem to get the devs of either TaskAngel or of TaskUnifier (which I've paid towards) to consider adding this. So far, I'm still using the browser interface on my laptop (toodleTasks on my Android).

......Peter
hfzp

Posted: Jun 02, 2013
Hi Peter,

Thank you for the bug-report and feedback.

The blank date technically stored as 01/01/1970 (Unix Epoch). So, you can try to test it to equal to that date instead of blank.

I'll fix it or at least make things clearer on the next version.

Hafiz

This message was edited Jun 02, 2013.
hfzp

Posted: Jul 04, 2013
Hi,

Version 1.2 is released. More on the below post :

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/17500/0/desktoptodo-12.html

Hafiz
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.