ForumsThird-Party Applicationsno tasks loading from Outlook to Toodledo

no tasks loading from Outlook to Toodledo
harvey.stein

Posted: Apr 15, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I checked the boxes and when I synched it wipied out all of my tasks in outlook -- good thing I backed them up -- once I had no tasks in either toodledo and outlook I added some and synched and it works as expected - this can be closed now Thanks, Harvey

My tasks were not synched between outlook and toodledo – they were synched between iPhone and toodldo

So I did the following, but there are no tasks in toodledo or the iPhone

1. deleted tasks in toodldo

2. deleted tasks in iPhone

3. unchecked the following three boxes

a. enable outlook updates
b. enable outlook deletions
c. use unique outlook instances
I went back into to toodledo and there are no tasks

Please advise

Thanks,
Harvey

This message was edited Apr 16, 2009.
keef

Posted: Apr 15, 2009
hi Harvey,

I would recheck those boxes unless you have a specific need to only sync in one direction. The fact that tasks are not being sent from Outlook to Toodledo is unlikely to be related to these options.
Are there any error messages appearing in the trace output on the diagnostics panel when you try and perform a sync?
keef
harvey.stein

Posted: Apr 16, 2009
I checked the boxes and when I synched it wipied out all of my tasks in outlook -- good thing I backed them up -- once I had no tasks in either toodledo and outlook I added some and synched and it works as expected - this can be closed now Thanks, Harvey
pmaldona

Posted: Apr 21, 2009
I've also noticed that my Tooldedo folder online and on my iPhone are not being updated by my Outlook tasks. I ran the trace and noticed this warning that matched the "error during synchronization" warning I see on the gray bar at the bottom of the option window. I haven't taken drastic measures to correct it, as I'd like to keep my tasks!

SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization: There is an error in XML document (0, 0).
sderyke

Posted: Apr 23, 2009
I am also not getting any synchronization between Outlook and Toodledo

The authentication step was successful but I get no Task coming from Outlook to Toodledo. I do have synchronization working between my iPod Touch and Toodledo, but nothing from Outlook making it to Toodledo and nothing from Toodledo making it to Outlook.

When I turn on Show Trace Output I see a note about the operation failure and at the bottom of the window I see a message which says -

Error during synchronization: The operation failed.

So for some reason the application can authenticate but still cannot communicate with the website.

If someone has an answer I would appreciate it.
sderyke

Posted: Apr 23, 2009
I found a way to get the tasks to synch - you have to have Exchange Cache mode turned on so the Tasks actually exist on the local machine - they will not synch from the Exchange server itself.

But then since we are using Outlook and Exchange 2003 we get a security message that some program is trying to copy an e-mail address from the account every time synching occurs and for every task in the list - so you end up having to click ok dozens of time every 15 minutes. There is recommended software to purchase to by pass this problem but it is all just too much expense and too much hassle for the little benefit it brings. I am glad I only did mine as a test before thinking of making the staff aware of this and getting their hopes up.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.