ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsTaskUnifier for Mac: Completion Date wrong on sync

TaskUnifier for Mac: Completion Date wrong on sync
ralvy

Posted: Mar 01, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I just started TaskUnifier for the Mac yesterday and paid for it right away. I like it a lot. But I noticed one odd thing. Yesterday evening I checked off an event in TU and the Completion Date it showed there was correct: 2-28-14. But when I then sync'd TU with Toodledo, Toodledo showed that task's Completion Date as 3-1-14. I tested that over again, many times, with different tasks, and the Completion Date sent to TD was always a day off, but showed up in TU correctly.

Now, today I tested it again and now it works fine, sending the correct Completion Date to TD each time I sync my test tasks.

Could the problem outlined in the first paragraph have something to do with the date being the last day of the shortest month?
ykphuah

Posted: Mar 02, 2014
Did you complete the tasks on the same time? It might be caused by timezone issues.
ralvy

Posted: Mar 02, 2014
Posted by ykphuah:
Did you complete the tasks on the same time? It might be caused by timezone issues.

Today I tried it again, and tasks that I checked off after 5pm today showed up in Toodledo as checked off tomorrow. So it definitely seems like a time zone problem. However TaskUnifier shows the correct time on its side. It is just sending (I think) the wrong time to Toodledo.
ralvy

Posted: Mar 03, 2014
I did more testing today. I tested checking off a task in TaskUnifier just after noon, just after 1pm, just after 2pm and just after 3pm. They all resulted in the correct Completion Date in Toodledo. I then tried to do that at about 4:40pm from my Android Toodledo app (Ultimate To-Do List) and it worked fine. But when I tried it with TaskUnifier at about 4:45pm, it produced a Completion date in Toodledo for tomorrow. So it looks like Ultimate To-Do List works around this problem. It would be nice to see TaskUnifier work around it too, since Completion Dates in Toodledo are important to me. I'll just make sure I don't check tasks off in TaskUnifier for now, or at least try to remember no to do that before 4pm.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.