ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsToodledo Outlook Sync and Outlook 2007 security

Toodledo Outlook Sync and Outlook 2007 security
sgrossfe

Posted: Jun 07, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I am running Toodledo Outlook Sync 0.9.9.6, Outlook 2007, and Windows 7. I keep getting an Outlook error saying that a program wants access to email information stored in Outlook do you want to allow or deny. I have to allow for Outlook Sync to work. How do I make this a permanent 'allow' so I don't have to allow everytime. I looked in the Chromatic help notes and mentions something about Trusted Applications. However, if I go into Outlooks Trusted Application Window there is no option to add Outlook Sync.

I did see this http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179108.aspx MS tech net on manually adding a trusted application but, I am not sure if this is the right path to take. Any help is appreciated.
Anders

You might try checking the Chromatic Dragon website: http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx
I don't know if this is your issue, but it is from the bottom of that page.
Outlook shows a security prompt when synchronizing in some environments.
If you are using Outlook 2007 you may be able to disable this by either updating your anti-virus software or using the Trust Centre options (Tools -> Trust Center -> Programmatic Access)
sgrossfe

Thanks. I think I found the problem. Outlook is not seeing my anti-virus for some reason (Corporate version of Norton). As a result, there is a setting in outlook that tells it to do this security prompt as normally the anti-virus would provide protection but, since it thinks it isn't installed it is double checking. Unfortunately, this is a Corporate Norton version that isn't quite Windows 7 ready.
Anders

Why do people even use Norton any more? AVG's free antivirus is better than Norton's pricey personal edition, and they also have a commercial version. Sorry to veer off topic, but that has always confused me.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.