ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsOver 5000 folders !!!

Over 5000 folders !!!
marc.vancauwenberghe

Posted: Jun 13, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,
Can anyone please help me.
I have the following setup
outlook<->toodledo<->iphone
Due to some quick somewhere I now have over 5000 folders in toodledo. Al folders have been duplicated more than a hundred time since I have actually only about 40 or so.

If I look at the to-do list I get the right amount of tasks and folders.
If I export to text, I get the right amount of things !!!

A)Does anyone know of this kind of problem?

B)How do I get rid of all folders without having to delete them one by one.

Many thanks,
Marc
Anders

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by marc.vancauwenberghe:
I now have over 5000 folders in toodledo. Al folders have been duplicated more than a hundred time since I have actually only about 40 or so.

Just to clarify, you have 40 Folders with your tasks in them, and then many copies of each Folder which are all empty. Is that correct?

A)Does anyone know of this kind of problem?

Not really, but the problem posted here is similar: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1710/0/outlook-sync-has-created-thousands-of-folders-how-do-i-delete-.html
According to that post, it could be coming from Outlook, but I would still be interested to know which iPhone app you are using.

B)How do I get rid of all folders without having to delete them one by one.

There is no way to do it on the site except deleting them individually. You could export all your tasks. After that, you could Delete all tasks in Account Settings, and I believe that will wipe out your Folders as well. Then you could import the file you had saved back into Toodledo.

This message was edited Jun 13, 2009.
marc.vancauwenberghe

Hi,

thanks for the quick response.

Just to clarify, you have 40 Folders with your tasks in them, and then many copies of each Folder which are all empty. Is that correct?
Yes, that is correct.

I am using Pocket informant which I really loved until a few weeks ago.

I'll have a look at the link you are mentioning.

Thanks,
any further help is always welcome. I miss PI !!!!

Marc
Anders

I was just thinking, maybe Toodledo could make it impossible to create Folders with identical names. I can't think of a reason why anyone would possibly want to do it intentionally, and it would prevent this sort of thing from occurring.
keef

If you mail me a copy of a diagnostics trace of a sync run to developer(at)chromadrake.com I might be able to work out what is going on here
keef
marc.vancauwenberghe

Posted: Jun 14, 2009
Thanks,

Anders, I agree with you. There should be controls in place on any level, even if it turns out to be the sync process.

Keef, I will send you the diagnostics trace on Monday. Thank you.

Marc
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.