ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsClient for the Palm Pre

Client for the Palm Pre
Joel

Posted: Sep 03, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I've been swamped with other work lately and haven't been able to get much done. Hopefully soon I can ramp up the activity again.
Jeff

Posted: Oct 22, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Any updates?

Thanks!
Joel

Posted: Oct 22, 2009
I'm sorry to report that I've been swamped at work and haven't had enough time to get much further. I still plan on finishing it tho, just can't say when.
charko

Posted: Jan 09, 2010
bump in desparation for a decent webOS task app!
apayne36

Posted: Jan 11, 2010
Would love to see this as well!
lightdancer77

Hey are you anywhere near having a working beta for homebrew download?
Joel

Er, no, not ready. Still working on it, slowly. Sorry for the delay, been swamped with other stuff.
Was thinking of finishing up the basics without syncing to Toodledo. Would people be interested in just that, or is the sync required.
Jeff

Posted: Jan 12, 2010
Joel,

At this point, a solid interface would be great. While sync is definitely the goal, I'd be happy (for now) with something like "TaskAdder" with the ability to check-off things from the hostlist.
apayne36

Posted: Feb 08, 2010
It would still be useful if it had the Toodledo options (i.e subtasks etc) but was not able to sync. There is a real lack of good tasks management options for the WebOS.
ethan

Posted: Feb 26, 2010
Joel,
I've also started playing around with creating a Toodledo client for webOS. I've got the basics of syncing via the API figured out but haven't done much on the front end, so I wonder if you'd be interested in joining forces on this project.

-Ethan
noelleg1

Posted: Feb 27, 2010
Hi, are you thinking about something more than a to do maker like Taskadder? Have you worked with Toodledo in the web browser? You get all the functionality of the full site so I'm curious about the advantages/additional functionality of an app.

This message was edited Feb 27, 2010.
ethan

Posted: Mar 01, 2010
I think a native app offers benefits such as:
- speed
- ability to use it while not on the network
- reminders on the phone
- better sorting and filtering (sub-sorts and filtering by more than one criteria)
- ability to remove and edit folders, contexts, and goals, and more.

That said, the mobile site is pretty nice too.
jedweintrob

Posted: Mar 10, 2010
Hi Joel,
I'd LOVE to buy this app for the pre, but does need toodledo sync. i've currently got an exchange server syncing to toodledo and into tasks (thru nuevasync.com), but it doesn't sync separate contexts/lists, so is relatively useless. so i'm only mentioning this in that maybe you could sync thru nuevasync into toodledo with your app.

Would love to see this out soon and would even be willing to invest a little $$ in the building of this app. Would a little cash up front be helpful?
best,
Jed
Levi Wallach

Posted: Mar 16, 2010
I'm very interested in this as well, but it seems Joel is even too busy to follow up on this thread (over two months now), so I feel a bit hopeless! Ethan, any chance you can develop some front-end stuff yourself? I'd assume the front-end is actually the easier part to this. I'm a developer myself but haven't yet delved into WebOS, and would love to help out but given my lack of experience with WebOS as well as my lack of time, I don't want to promise much. Perhaps I can see if some of the WebOS devs I know might be interested in collaborating on a project?
haeffb

Posted: Mar 16, 2010
I am currently looking at picking up development of TaskAdder again and putting together a full syncing Toodledo client on the Pre. I haven't have a lot of time for development lately, but will be freed up to do a little more in the coming month or so.

Stay tuned webOS & Toodledo fans.
ethan

Posted: Apr 03, 2010
I recently posted a beta webOS client for Toodledo.com called Toodler on the app store. You can access it on your phone or computer at: http://developer.palm.com/webChannel/index.php?packageid=com.wozware.toodler

It syncs with your toodledo.com account, and supports most of the basic features of Toodledo. By default it syncs when you every hour while it is running, and on startup, and you can sync manually as well.

I'm very open to suggestions, and I do plan to continue adding features such as reminders on the phone, ability add/edit/delete folders, contexts, and goals, support for tags and notes, and more. Please visit http://forum.toodler.surfsurge.net for questions and discussion, and I'll keep an eye on this thread as well.
haeffb

Posted: Apr 05, 2010
Well, I guess the race is on!

My Toodledo syncing app has just been released to private beta. Looks like yours is slightly ahead at this point in terms of usability.

What are the odds that we'd both arrive at this point at the same time? And what are the odds that Joel's app shows up in the catalog tomorrow? :)

Oh, and anyone interested in participating in the beta, contact me at tigercountrysoftware at gmail. The beta will require the ability to hand-install an .ipk (i.e. using webOS Quick Install or the like).
Levi Wallach

Ethan, great! Didn't realize it was there, just downloaded and will be testing it out. My only problem is something that you can't do anything about, since the SDK does not have a hook for it - I use saved searches to create customized views of data for my GTD system and so most of my viewing is within those saved searches. Hopefully Toodledo with expose them via an SDK updated sooner rather than later.
ethan

Haeff: Looking forward to seeing your app. I don't know if you'd be interested but we could collaborate on this since we both understand the API and webOS but there are a lot of features to cover in the app. I've already set up a Subversion server to share code and a Redmine server for tracking issues and roadmaps because I use the same software for other apps that I'm working on collaboratively.

Levi: I've been thinking about implementing the ability to save searches on the client. You would have to set them up separately on the client, since as you point out the SDK doesn't include saved searches, but it would provide the same functionality. Would that be helpful? Or would it only be helpful if the saved searches were sync'ed automatically?
Levi Wallach

Ethan, that sounds like a fine workaround. I don't have a huge number of saved searches - currently just eight - and I don't mind adding them to the mobile tool. An investment of 15 minutes (or even an hour!) up front, would I think definitely pay off quickly in added functionality/productivity.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.