ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsOutlook Sync Beta Testers Wanted

Outlook Sync Beta Testers Wanted
keef

Posted: Jul 06, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I've made some signficant structural changes to the Outlook client so I think it would be good to beta test it before unleashing it on the general public.

As a beta tester, you will be the first to have access to a client that includes
- Outlook notes synchronization
- Outlook category -> Toodledo Context mapping

If you are interested in being an early adopter then please email me at developer(at)chromadrake.com

keef
jdew

Posted by keef:
I've made some signficant structural changes to the Outlook client so I think it would be good to beta test it before unleashing it on the general public.

As a beta tester, you will be the first to have access to a client that includes
- Outlook notes synchronization
- Outlook category -> Toodledo Context mapping

If you are interested in being an early adopter then please email me at developer(at)chromadrake.com

keef

I downloaded the newest version of ToodledoSync (99.6) from your website. There is a mention in your notes that it may pop up a security error but when I launch it I get a pop up from Outlook 2003 saying that it needs access to my email addresses. Why does ToodledoSync require access to my email addresses??
keef

Please don't post off topic questions in threads - this thread is about beta testing the new verison. Also your question has been answered several times elsewhere e.g.http://www.toodledo.com/forums/7/1578/-7110/outlook-sync-requests-contact-data-from-address-book .html
jdew

Posted: Jul 07, 2009
Posted by keef:
Please don't post off topic questions in threads - this thread is about beta testing the new verison. Also your question has been answered several times elsewhere e.g.http://www.toodledo.com/forums/7/1578/-7110/outlook-sync-requests-contact-data-from-address-book .html

I searched for an answer in the forum and it came up with no responses. Also, that link you posted isn't valid. I posted as a reply to this thread because it was a new post and wanted to make sure you saw it.
Anders

Score: -1 Reference
Anders

FYI, when searching about the Outlook sync tool, make sure to search the Developers Forum as well as this one. Questions about the tool used to be posted there before the 3rd Party Applications forum was created.
jdew

Posted by Anders:

Thanks. I did see that info as it turns out but doesn't really explain why the Outlook security pop up message specifically mentions email messages ... is that the only version of that pop up regardless of the info requested?
Anders

Posted: Jul 08, 2009
I'm not reallly sure about that. It could be that different versions of Outlook produce different messages, or it could be that you have Outllook tasks that are linked to emails. Anyway, I don't want to make Keef mad, so please post any further questions on this topic in a more appropriate thread, or start a new one.

This message was edited Jul 08, 2009.
jdew

Posted by Anders:
I'm not reallly sure about that. It could be that different versions of Outlook produce different messages, or it could be that you have Outllook tasks that are linked to emails. Anyway, I don't want to make Keef mad, so please post any further questions on this topic in a more appropriate thread, or start a new one.

Thanks. I don't have any tasks linked to emails but I took the risk anyway and let the utility have its way and it's working great.
whitten

By the way, Keef is busy, so I will help by reminding.
In the future, could you please post Outlook sync client issues in the Third party forum at http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/0/third-party-applications.html ? The Toodledo admins have asked us to stop using the developer forum for outlook sync client support. The developer forum is for questions from developers about the Toodledoo API, not for support of client applications that use the API to deliver services to end users.
jdew

Posted by whitten:
By the way, Keef is busy, so I will help by reminding.
In the future, could you please post Outlook sync client issues in the Third party forum at http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/0/third-party-applications.html ? The Toodledo admins have asked us to stop using the developer forum for outlook sync client support. The developer forum is for questions from developers about the Toodledoo API, not for support of client applications that use the API to deliver services to end users.

This is the Third Party Application forum...

This message was edited Jul 08, 2009.
Anders

True, but I believe that may have been in reference to my suggestion to also check the Developers forum when searching for info on the sync tool. Perhaps I should have been more clear that this is the forum for any new posts.
keef

Posted: Jul 09, 2009
Just bumping the thread to keep it visible.
keef
aleelee

Posted: Jul 11, 2009
I wouldn't make a very good beta tester, but I am excited to see notes sync in the works! I use your app everyday and it keeps Toodledo, Outlook, and my Centro (via Outlook) connected.
pgray

Posted: Jul 14, 2009
Happy to be a beta tester if you are still looking for more testers
keef

Posted: Jul 14, 2009
Please mail me if you want to be a beta tester (my email address is in the first post), to keep things manageable I am running the beta program via email.

keef
lkpcampion

Posted: Jul 22, 2009
Posted by keef:
Please mail me if you want to be a beta tester (my email address is in the first post), to keep things manageable I am running the beta program via email.

keef

Hi Keef,

I did email you early this afternoon. Hope I can get a hand on the beta and help out in the development.

Campion
keef

Posted: Aug 09, 2009
I've got enough beta testers for now. Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest.
keef
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.