Unread topics or posts
Unread topics or posts
Syncing, but nothing happens.
Hello, I am using the Dragon product to sync my Outlook with Toodledo. It appears to be "Syncing..." and gives a date and time last synchronized, but my Toodledo has no tasks in it. I do not get any kind of error message. I have Outlook 2007 and use XP Professional and hope to use Toodledo for my i-phone if I can ever get it to sync with Outlook.
Can you give me some clue what to check?
I use this setup at the moment - Outlook > Toodledo.Com > iPhone and it works flawlessly.
Before people on here will be able to help, and there will be lots of people willing to help you will need to provide some basic information.
1) What version of the sync tool are you using.
2) Double check your login details are correct.
3) Make sure your time on Toodledo correclty matches the time on your PC.
You could also try these steps:-
1) You don't mention that you have tasks in Outlook. I presume you do, but please try create a task in Outlook and a task on Toodledo.Com. For example call them OutlookTask1 and ToodleDoTask1
2) Go into the outlook Sync tool and goto the diagnostics panel (Select both trace options at the top).
3) Perform a sync and you will find that there is diagnostic information logged relating to the Sync. There is a lot of information, but normally glancing through it you may be able to identify errors and express them here so people can comment.
4) Copy the text from the sync and save to a text file -- you may need this later and could perhaps email to the developer so he can isolate the problem.
1) Did the tasks sync ?
2) Where there any noticaable errors in the log file?
Hope you get it working soon.
In addition to what Steve posted, you could take a look at the developer's website if you have not done so already: http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx
One simple thing is to make sure you have both "allow Toodledo updates" and "allow Outlook updates" checked if you want 2-way synchronization. I am sure Keef will be along with more help before long.
Thank you for your replies. First of all the easy answers:
1) Sync tool version: 09.9.6
2) Details appear OK and tried account ID and password again - "Authentication succeeded"
3) Time is correct.
Regarding the steps:
1) Originally I did not have any tasks in Toodledo but did put one in - but did have tasks to sync from Outlook.
2) The information from the diagnostic trace output follows.
Still not syncing.... though it acts like it is.
This message was edited Jul 24, 2009.
Did you not read this?
* Please do not post these trace logs to the Toodledo Forums
The sync application can only find 1 task in Outlook, which it thinks is already synced. Please note that
a)The application does not support tasks in sub folders. Your tasks need to be in the root tasks
b) 'Todo List' items in Outlook 2007 are _not_ tasks. The Todo List shows a task like view of mail items and calender items with follow ups, but these are treated very differently by Outlook 'under the hood'. The ToodledoSync application can only sync bona fide Task objects.
I thought I had been requested to submit the log. I removed it. Anyways, no I did not get the one item going either way. Disregard my request for assistance. I have been using NubiDo on my i-phone and will go back to using that. Since I have my Calendar and Notes synced with Outlook, I thought it would be nice to have my tasks synced also, but it's not worth the time and restrictions on the sub-folders with this product.
To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.