ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsCannot Sync Under Windows 7 and Outlook 2007

Cannot Sync Under Windows 7 and Outlook 2007
btweel

Posted: Jul 28, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Sorry to ask the simple - but I seem to have run into a problem with "interface not registered" when trying to sync Outlook Categories to Toodledo folders -

any idea?

Ben
keef

Posted: Jul 28, 2009
This could one of many things.
- .NET framework 2.0 is not installed correctly
- Microsoft Primary Interop assemblies for Office 2007 are not installed (or don't work on Windows 7)
- Perhaps the Windows 7 security model is breaking things? (is there an equivalent of UAC on Windows 7?)

I am afraid that you are breaking new ground here. Please let us know if you make any progress.
keef
dg

Posted: Aug 08, 2009
I use Windows 7 RC and Outlook 2007 with Toodledosync and the combination works fine....exactly as it did under Vista with Outlook 2007.

My Windows 7 RC was a "clean install" of Windows...as recommended for those who'd previously run Windows 7 beta. After the "clean install" of Windows 7, I reinstalled Outlook 2007, then Toodeldosync...and everything functioned just fine.
jdaniel1

Posted: Oct 27, 2009
Did all of your existing sync's to toodledo.com still work? I have been having a world of hurt since the upgrade to the RTM version of Windows 7. I did a fresh install of windows 7. I then used the windows transfer wizard to get my files and settings transferred over from my vista install. I installed outlook 2007 and toodledosync, then started syncing. I forgot to check the "map categories to folder", so initially got stuff sync'd to the "No Folder" folder. I deleted everything, and restarted. Now i was getting duplicate and triplicate tasks on the cloud, which I could not delete, as it might end up deleting the task back in outlook.

Anyways, I have to uninstalled toodledosync, rebooted then blew away the toodledosync directories. I deleted all stuff from my toodledo web account. I installed toodledosync again, and am trying to sync up again. Fingers crossed that it works this time, and I don't get these 2x & 3x tasks on the cloud.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.