ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsTaskJot for Blackberry released - made for Toodledo

TaskJot for Blackberry released - made for Toodledo
toodledobb

Posted: Aug 01, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Hello Toodledoers!

TaskJot (Formerly known as ToodledoBB) was released today by Fieldstone Software, LLC.

TaskJot is a Toodledo.com syncing Blackberry app that works on most blackberry devices (OS 4.2.1 and higher) and most wireless carriers. It supports almost all the features of Toodledo and users seem to really like it so far.

Don't take my word for it though. Go download the free trial and let us know what you think.

Find out more about Toodledo on your Blackberry with TaskJot by going to www.taskjot.com

You can download the trial here:

http://www.taskjot.com/download/TaskJot.jad

Go there with your Blackberry browser and it will download and install over the air. You can also install it using desktop manager. If you need help with that process, send us a note on the site.

Thanks to Toodledo for making such a great web application to synchronize with. This solution is perfect for so many people just like myself.

JR Lawhorne
Founder
Fieldstone Software, LLC
guy

Posted: Aug 02, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
This by far is the best program that I now have installed on my BB Bold. I am able to see my ToodleDo Tasks, Folders and Notes with full editing capabilities and flawless sync.

Thank you JR and Fieldstone Software!!

Guy Matthews
toodledobb

Posted: Aug 04, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Guy has seen TaskJot as a beta tester for a while. He's been great. Thanks Guy!

Speaking of beta testers, we surveyed ours to see what they thought about pricing TaskJot. After the survey, we decided to restructure our features a little and our pricing to bring our entry level version under $15.

Come check out the features and grab a trial from www.taskjot.com

Best

JR Lawhorne
Founder
Fieldstone Software, LLC
www.fieldstone-software.com
www.taskjot.com

This message was edited Aug 04, 2009.
Dan

Posted: Aug 06, 2009
I just wanted to throw in my two cents on this topic.

Fieldstone Software, LLC has a gold mine here. They have developed a fantastic piece of software for the leading smartphone in the industry. I wouldn't be supprised if this software alone drives more people to Toodledo.

Great work JR

Give it a try everyone, you will not be let down.
benjamin_500

Posted: Aug 08, 2009
I have downloaded the trial copy of Taskjot, i find it a gr8 tool however user interface on the storm is almost un-usable, it is clear this was designed wish the scroll wheel of the other blackberrys in mind as i have to scroll with my finger/thumb to highlight the selection i wish to use rather than just clicking/highlighting it direct. also the fact that it only works while vertical and that you cannot hide the keyboard is such a pain when scrolling through the options. With the Keyboard on, The Storm has a smaller viewing area than the bold or curve. will there be an update for storm users as until then i really cant see it being worth spending money on as it takes more time to use then finding an internet cafe or logging on to a pc.. i really hope they develop a storm version as this is a great tool and could be worth every penny as i would use it with out question every day..

if however you have the other BB`s then im sure this would be an amazing app.
worleydl

Posted: Aug 10, 2009
Posted by benjamin_500:
I have downloaded the trial copy of Taskjot, i find it a gr8 tool however user interface on the storm is almost un-usable, it is clear this was designed wish the scroll wheel of the other blackberrys in mind as i have to scroll with my finger/thumb to highlight the selection i wish to use rather than just clicking/highlighting it direct. also the fact that it only works while vertical and that you cannot hide the keyboard is such a pain when scrolling through the options. With the Keyboard on, The Storm has a smaller viewing area than the bold or curve. will there be an update for storm users as until then i really cant see it being worth spending money on as it takes more time to use then finding an internet cafe or logging on to a pc.. i really hope they develop a storm version as this is a great tool and could be worth every penny as i would use it with out question every day..

It sounds like you may be running the application in compatibility mode on your Storm. You should be able to hide the keyboard and highlight/click items as you would expect.

That said, we are aware of some other usability issues on the Storm and are currently planning some improvements that will make the application more Storm friendly overall.

Daniel Worley
Software Engineer
Fieldstone Software, LLC
www.taskjot.com

This message was edited Aug 10, 2009.
benjamin_500

Posted: Aug 10, 2009
Posted by worleydl:
Posted by benjamin_500:

It sounds like you may be running the application in compatibility mode on your Storm. You should be able to hide the keyboard and highlight/click items as you would expect.

That said, we are aware of some other usability issues on the Storm and are currently planning some improvements that will make the application more Storm friendly overall.

Daniel Worley
Software Engineer
Fieldstone Software, LLC
www.taskjot.com

Thank you for this.. It did solve every thing. might be worth adding a setup instruction link for storm users on the taskjot download page?? This was really helpful and i will now be buying the product.. Once i used the free days.. ;-)
anavonne

Posted: Oct 10, 2009
I am running a trial verison of TaskJot on my Storm and am very happy with it except for the rather large problem of it syncing everything one day earlier on my BlackBerry.

For example, I schedule a task for Oct. 12th on Toodledo.com and it syncs on my Blackberry showing a due date of Oct. 11th. I have e-mailed the question to Taksjot directly and have not received a reply. I have checked the date and time settings on my Blackberry and everything looks fine.

Anyone else have this issue?
Anders

Posted: Oct 10, 2009
Posted by anavonne:
For example, I schedule a task for Oct. 12th on Toodledo.com and it syncs on my Blackberry showing a due date of Oct. 11th. I have e-mailed the question to Taksjot directly and have not received a reply. I have checked the date and time settings on my Blackberry and everything looks fine.

Did you also check your Toodledo timezone settings? Under "Your Date / Time" here: http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php
anavonne

Posted: Oct 13, 2009
Thank you. I did and it was an hour off!

I corrected that, and re-synced but all of my tasks are still posting one day earlier on my BlackBerry than they are on the website.

I still haven't heard form the TaskJot people. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing.

Any more ideas? Thanks so much for your time.
Anders

Posted: Oct 18, 2009
If your Timezones match on the device and the website, I can't think of any reason that would happen. Could be a sync issue with the app, especially if newly created tasks sync like that. If it is only the ones created before you fixed your timezone, you may have to do a reset sync of some kind. If new ones are not working properly, it is likely an issue with the app.
kurtfb

Posted: Nov 07, 2009
This is really a great program. Taskjot and Toodledo are a very powerful and yet very easy to use system. Taskjot is a full program - there is very little that Toodledo does that Taskjot doesn't. It also makes good use of keyboard shortcuts so once you learn them you can really fly. And the developers are incredibly responsive - I emailed them about a little glitch I was having and JR debugged the problem and had a patched version of the program to me in 2 hours.
liz

Posted: Nov 17, 2009
I have been using TaskJot on my BB Bold along with Toodledo and am having some syncing problems. Some of my tasks have not been syncing while others have. It is very strange. Anyone else having this problem?
Jason

Posted: Nov 25, 2009
It seems Fieldstone put in lots of work into Taskjot for several months, but all work seems to have dropped off recently. I bought the app expecting to see a continuing stream of updates, but no updates have come in the last couple of months.

Perhaps they (he?) finished the app and discovered the market wasn't as big as they thought. Who knows.
greg-pre2012

Posted: Nov 25, 2009
I have been using Taskjot and Toodledo for a few weeks now and am loving both! Running Taskjot on a Curve 8900 in Canada.

Only thing I am missing is the ability to set a reminder for a task. Any chance this feature could be added to a future release? Even if it is just a checkbox and only allows a 15 minute reminder or something to be set.

Also, is there any chance of getting an actual Calendar display when setting the start / due date for a task? Not sure if it is even possible with the BB interface but here's hoping.

Thanks again for all the great work done on this app and the very reasonable price!
TaskJot

Posted: Dec 21, 2009
@Jason

We're still around supporting (a lot) and developing TaskJot. The end of this year came with many unexpected events that affected our small team including a lot of commitments and work on other unrelated projects and some family health issues. TaskJot remains alive and we continue to support it and add new features.

Our bug list is perplexing. Every now and then, we get a user reporting odd behavior from TaskJot but the majority of our users don't seem to have many issues aside from feature requests. (If you've emailed us your bug or feature request, we have it. I promise.)

Next up on the features list is Tag support and Reminders.

We have a philosophy of fixing bugs before working on features and bugs are somewhat unpredictable in terms of knowing how long they might take to fix. So, we're not able to accurately determine when a new release will be out but we hope to have it out in the first quarter of 2010.

Best
ken

Posted: Feb 08, 2010
Thanks for the update. Good to hear that TaskJot is still alive and kicking. I rely on it (and Toodledo of course).
NSH

Posted: Feb 11, 2010
hi! can't live without taskjot! thanks for the great updates. any ETA on new feature such as reminders? it would change my life! :)
jzamoras

Posted: Mar 17, 2010
I have problems using TJ. I see tomorrow tasks in today view in TJ. Is someone experiencing the same?

Best,
Jaime
jzamoras

Posted: Mar 25, 2010
Is TJ dead? I sent several emails with no response. Is anyone receiving feedback from them?

This message was edited Mar 25, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.