ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsSync w/Outlook Two Computers

Sync w/Outlook Two Computers
gg1100

Posted: Aug 09, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I want to be able to sync my home desktop and my laptop computer's Outlook and Toodledo tasks. The office unit syncs fine but my home computer gives me a "error during synchronization: Could not initalize outlook proxy" Is this a limitation of the program or is something else going on
Anders

Posted: Aug 09, 2009
I have see the Developer post before that the most common causes for that error are:
1) You don't have the MS .NET Primary Interop Assemblies for your version of Office installed.
Or
2) A firewall or antivirus program is getting in the way.

This message was edited Aug 09, 2009.
Eric.Montgomery

Posted: Aug 15, 2009
I'm able to (mostly) sync two computers without issue.

I'm pretty well configured to that Outlook Categories correlate to Toodledo Folders. Unfortunately the sync program doesn't appear to support the creation of new folders when it pushes a sync out to Toodledo.

For instance: I 'Red Flag' three emails on my work Outlook which automatically add them to my task list and I categorize them as '@Safety'. The next time I sync I expect to see a new folder titled '@Safety' with three tasks in it. Unfortunately this doesn't happen and the tasks are present only on my work outlook. They never make it out to Toodledo.
Anders

Posted: Aug 15, 2009
Eric.Montgomery

Posted: Aug 17, 2009
Thanks Anders. I found that article shortly after posting.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.