ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsDuplicate Tasks Manual Sync w/ Appigo ToDo

Duplicate Tasks Manual Sync w/ Appigo ToDo
jo

Posted: Aug 10, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I do manual syncing with Appigo ToDo. I only use toodledo website as a backup and once in a great while work on the tasks there. But usually all my changes have only happened on the iphone.

When I sync I get my ToDo on the phone overloaded with old repeating tasks that I have to delete multiple times to catch up to the current day (I only sync every few days).

Should I switch to automatic sync? Do I have another setting incorrect? Should I contact Appigo? I have a hunch that if it isn't something I am doing then the bug might be on their end because when I used to use their own sync program I had the same problem.

Thanks very much for your service,
Jo
Anders

The best thing to do is probably to contact Appigo: http://www.appigo.com/
Or post to their Google Group for Todo: http://groups.google.com/group/appigo-todo
You could just turn on automatic syncing, since there is no danger in doing so, but this is an issue Appigo should definitely work out. Unfortunately, the Todo app does not have a force sync to the website option like the Toodledo app has. It really sounds like there is some issue with the way the Todo app handles recurrences.
jo

Okay thank you for your quick reply. I also realized I described the problem inaccurately. What happens is it puts the tasks I have marked as completed back onto my phone, so they aren't really duplicates, but then I have to mark them all again as completed, repeatedly, depending on how many days have past (I have several tasks that I repeat each day). But I think you are right - I will contact appigo or post on that group. Thanks again!
Anders

So, are your tasks just being set back in Due Date? It sounds like Todo is letting Toodledo Due Dates override Todo's data. I believe I have heard before that changes to Due Dates are sometimes overridden in Todo if that is the only thing changed, so perhaps they are aware of the issue.
Anders

I don't think this should make a difference, but try enabling all the fields you are using in the Todo app in your Toodledo Account Settings (Repeat, Due Date, etc). Like I said, I don't think that should matter, but it's worth a shot.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.