ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsNot all Outlook Tasks being Sync'd

Not all Outlook Tasks being Sync'd
jdaniel1

Posted: Aug 18, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I just signed up for Toodledo & installed ToodledoSync on my Vista machine. I am hoping to use Toodledo as a way to view my Outlook Tasks on my new iPhone (still can't believe this feature is not built-in, like it has been forever on a Palm!). I installed the desktop application and everything appeared to work fine. However, when I log into the toodledo "cloud", I see many of my tasks, but not all of them. The folders are maintained, but many of the tasks are just not there. In some cases, I see 200 in a folder, while another folder only has one or zero (versus 300+ in outlook). I keep the tasks around, even though they are no longer have deadlines, which is why i have so many. I've got no filters on, so nothing is hidden. The empty folders is indeed strange, as i see them right there in outlook! I've waited a couple of days, so everything should have sync'd already.

What could I be doing wrong? I have not even attempted to sync to my iPhone yet, as I need the toodledo.com version to have what I need.

Thanks!
mda

Posted: Aug 19, 2009
Jdaniel -- I suspect that you're running into a limitation imposed by the Toodledo API.

The sync tool can only add a relatively small number of tasks (20?) from Outlook into Toodledo per sync.

Thus, if you have a large number of tasks to upload from Outlook into Toodledo, it will take several runs to upload everything.
ovautrin

Posted: Aug 22, 2009
I am waiting for 24 hours now and I still have some missing tasks in Toodledo...
Anders

Posted: Aug 22, 2009
Is there anything the missing tasks have in common, or are they just a random assortment no different from the tasks that synced?
jdaniel1

Posted: Aug 24, 2009
Well, it looks like they've finally all made it up to toodledo! It took over a week, but they are all there now. I have about 1000 tasks. Good news is that some tasks that I just added/updated on my desktop this morning, are already sync'd. Now I will start testing making changes, and seeing if everything stays in sync.

I know this has nothing to do with the outlook sync, but I am worried what happens if an individual task gets truncated due to max numumber of characters? Will the copy in my desktop version of outlook still be safe? I'm afraid to edit those that are online.
keef

Posted: Aug 24, 2009
If you have the 'preserve long Ouutlook notes' option checked then the sync app should discard any changes that you make to the truncated notes on Toodledo - it will preserve the original Outlook text.
jdaniel1

Posted: Aug 25, 2009
Cool, it looks like that was the default. Now to figure out what I need to do to insure that my toodledoo.com updated tasks get sync'd to my desktop outlook. I click on manual-sync, but it makes no difference. I even have the interval set to 15.
tim

Posted: Aug 27, 2009
So is it normal to have such a lag? I may update 30-40 tasks sometimes. I'm having syncing issues myself. I have about 140 in all. XP Pro/Outlook 2007/Chromatic Dragon/ToodleDo/Pocket Informant on iPhone.
keef

Posted: Aug 27, 2009
Yes it is normal. The Toodledo api locks out any client that performs more than a certain number of operations per hour. The Toodledosync application limits the number of tasks per sync to prevent this lock out from occurring. If you want the limit increased you'll need to let them know.
keef
matthauck1975

Posted: Aug 29, 2009
I had a problem with sync - got duplicate tasks and had to manually delete duplicates in outlook.

I then uninstalled and deleted all the sync software. I even closed my toodledo account and started a new one. Did a reinstall with same new version, made sure all settings were right.

A new task in either outlook or toodledo will work, but not my other 100 tasks! It also did notes fine!

I have spent about four hours working on this and am getting really annoyed!
Anders

Posted: Aug 29, 2009
The developer may be able to help if you send him your trace log from the tools diagnostic panel (you would have to enable it, and then do a manual sync to get the log). You can send it to his email listed here: http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/Contact.aspx

The only thing I can think of that you could try would be exporting all your Outlook tasks to a CSV file, and then importing them to Toodledo, and deleting them all from Outlook (you would get duplicates otherwise). There's no reason I am aware of that they shouldn't sync from Outlook unless you have them in subfolders, or they are Outlook to do list items like flagged emails(which are not technically Outlook tasks), but heck it might work if they start on Toodledo.

This message was edited Aug 29, 2009.
moshel

Posted: Aug 31, 2009
I have this major problem that I have spent hours and hours to address- but no success. I have downloaded the Sync program from Chromatic Dragon, started from fresh , created 2 tasks at Outlook and 2 tasks at Toodledo and then activated the sync. It does the sync well, but next time I activate the sync, it dupliactes all tasks in both Outlook and Toodledo and then (almost) every time I sync it duplicates again to the thousands instances (if it's on automatic sync)! Please help.
keef

Posted: Aug 31, 2009
create a few tasks and mail me a trace log of a manual sync please
keef
moshel

Posted: Sep 01, 2009
I cleared all my tasks both in Outlook and Toodledo. I created 2 new tasks on each and ran one manual sync. Here is the trace. Thanks a lot for your help.

This message was edited Sep 02, 2009.
keef

SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : ----------------------------------------------------
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : ToodledoSyncApp Version 1.0.1.0
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : Please do not post these trace logs to the Toodledo Forums
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : ----------------------------------------------------

Please delete the trace from your post - apart from messing up the forum it contains personal information that you probably don't want to send to the internet. If you want help with a trace log then please EMAIL it to developer(at)chromadrake.com
keef

This message was edited Sep 01, 2009.
moshel

Keef, and this is the full trace after I do another manual sync - and it duplicates the 4 tasks I had before into 8.

This message was edited Sep 02, 2009.
keef

Posted by keef:

SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : ToodledoSyncApp Version 1.0.1.0
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : Please do not post these trace logs to the Toodledo Forums

Please delete the trace from your post - apart from messing up the forum it contains personal information that you probably don't want to send to the internet. If you want help with a trace log then please EMAIL it to developer(at)chromadrake.com
keef
moshel

Posted: Sep 02, 2009
You were pretty specific in asking for the trace, I thought you could help. Thanks - in any case.
Anders

He wanted you to email the trace to him, not post it. His email is listed here: http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/Contact.aspx
moshel

OK, I did send it now to the developer by email, I truly hope he can help. I wonder how people can use the software if it duplicates their sync every time they do it. I could not not find anything unique about the way I worked with this sync solution.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.